JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Communicate with Engineering Management and Team Leader in regards to possible improvements and increased efficiency
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance programs for various systems of accommodation
- Co-ordinate/ inform Engineering Management and Team Leader about any kind of disruptions to be serviced
- Always utilize safe work practices, efficient methods, proper preventative maintenance and repair to equipment
- Clean and maintain areas of responsibility according to set standards and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of Public Area at the Accommodation
- Ensuring that all the Assets of Accommodation (Housekeeping and Engineering) are in proper state and not being misused
- Maintain equipment in a proper state of cleanliness and repair
- Attend daily briefings with Supervisor and take on daily assigned tasks
- Report lost and found articles to the Housing Manager/ Assistant Accommodation Manager immediately
- Handle Colleague complaints and report them to Supervisor immediately
- Record room status in allocated section accurately
- Comply with Hotel's health, safety and hygiene policy
- Adhere to personnel grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Any additional duties assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience is an asset
- High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
- At least 2 years' experience as a service technician, preferably in the hospitality or hospital industry
- Proficient in MV/LV repair and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.