JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Ensure the provision of a safe and environmentally compliant work environment for all Company and Contractor personnel across Company Facilities.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
• Support Company pillar of Safety, Health and Environmental performance at all times.
• Operates in a plant environment to protect employees and protect company assets at all times
Key Job Accountabilities - I
• Ensures that safety equipment and facilities are kept in working order by developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs and associated procedures.
• Ensures regular inspection, testing and maintenance of all fixed and portable safety equipment within an assigned area of responsibility.
• Assist in developing and conducting training programs in SEQ related principles and practices; facilitate on boarding of new employees, visitors and short service contractors offshore.
• Monitors and facilitates the activities of maintenance and construction crews carrying out work under permit to work system to ensure SEQ compliance.
Key Job Accountabilities - II
• Advise and assist in in incident control during major accidents or emergencies on site; plan and conduct Emergency response team drills.
• Facilitate incident investigation and prepare assessments and reports; steward HSE data and KPIs for the Asset.
• Provides work direction to safety, environment and quality technicians in order to ensure work requirements are met within necessary standards.
• Coordinate allocation of adequate stock of safety and emergency equipment and protective clothing are available at all times.
Key Job Accountabilities - III
• Advise in formulating, developing and implementing safety programs, recommends improvements and ensures the availability of all safety documentation.
• Facilitate Safety Observations / IIF program and cascading of periodic safety campaigns.
• Maintain a safety walk, inspection and audit program to assure compliance with QG HSEQ policies and procedures
• Bachelor is Degree in Engineering / Science or equivalent.
• Knowledge and/or Experience - I 6 years’ varied experience in safety operations within oil and gas industry.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
QatarEnergy LNG, established in 1984, pioneered the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry in Qatar and today is the largest producer of LNG in the world with an annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) from its world-class facilities in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar.
Since the first production in 1996, QatarEnergy LNG has successfully delivered cargos to more than 30 countries and is committed to meeting the world’s demand for safe, reliable and clean energy.
Through its operational excellence, QatarEnergy LNG is adding value to its production chain, contributing to the Qatari economy and Qatar’s National Vision to ensure efficient energy supplies for the country, creating new markets and contributing to the local community.
In addition to the LNG facilities, QatarEnergy LNG operates the Jetty Boil-Off Gas facility, Al Khaleej Gas, Ras Laffan Heilum, the two Laffan Refineries (among the largest condensate refineries in the world), and the Ras Laffan Terminal on behalf of All participants.