JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Financial Cost Controller works collaboratively with various operational teams to analyze and report revenues, costs and margins, ensuring profit maximization. Responsible for controlling and monitoring project financial KPIs including EBIT, EBITDA and working capital. Fulfills budgeting and forecasting objectives. Preparing and reporting financial statements in line with accounting standards and reporting policies.
• Preparation of all budgets, costs and revenues projections in coordination with all departments
• Work in conjunction with all operations teams to ensure maximum profitability
• Ensures that all accruals are managed on a monthly basis and can be justified
• Recognition of revenue in line with IFRS 15
• Verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
• Responsible for overseeing certain contractual milestones
• Ensures accurate and timely monthly and annual closing of management’s books of accounts
• Manages the financial reporting and financial statement analysis under IFRS
• Manages working capital requirement, cash and accounting related budgetary controls
• Remain acutely aware of market trends that could impact resource costs
• Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability
• Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality
• Participate proactively in identifying and implementing cost-cutting measures
• Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time
• Education: Master/Bachelor’s in Finance/accounting or related financial certification
• Experience: 5- 10 years’ experience in a similar role in the environmental business, industry or oil & gas
• Knowledge of IFRS and accounting principles
• Knowledge of Working Capital management
• Knowledge of financial reporting and general ledger structure
• Knowledge of ERPs
• Knowledge of Operating and Capital Budget Concepts
• Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge of Vector reporting tool (financial consolidation) would be an advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.