JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Operate and Maintain the complete fuel storage and distribution system from the bulk storage, supplementary storage, and day tanks, to the distribution systems to the generators and Service Station, including backup fuel storage tanks.
- Operate and maintain pumps, valves and monitor flow and tank levels.
- Be responsible for the fuel operations in accordance with work instructions and safety procedures directed by the Supervisor.
- Monitor all petroleum operations conducted at the airbase.
- Be responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of fuel distribution and storage operations.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the fuel personnel; monitors quality, quantity and timeliness of work performed.
- Comply with government and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor fuel accountability and record keeping, ensuring fuel consumption and inventory are accurate.
- At times drive a fuel delivery truck to deliver, refuel/defuel remote fuel oil tanks within the Airbase.
- Maintain fuel pumps and storage tanks.
- Order parts and materials related to the fuel systems.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Requires at least three (3) years' experience as a Fuel Distribution Systems Operator.
- Must have a CDL
- Must be knowledge of applicable US Codes and accepted trade practices.
- Must have a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the contract.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical requirements and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment.
- Relevant overseas experience, preferably in the Middle East with knowledge of local culture and customs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- Strong analytical capabilities with respect to metrics and process improvement.
- Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in operating and supporting fuel storage and delivery functions at an overseas facility.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
PAE will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.