JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The position is an ExCo role responsible in managing all aspects of the Hotel Operation including Food and Beverage, Rooms, Culinary, Security and Maintenance at Fairmont Doha whilst working along with other administrative Exco peers and to ensure the delivery of Fairmont Doha's experience throughout the entire guest journey meanwhile ensuring optimisation of forecast and budget as well as developing managers and colleagues
- ExCo Members.
- HOD Members.
- Residents and Guests.
- Owner's Representatives.
- Government institutions.
- Affiliated Educational Institutions.
- Corporate Office.
ENSURES LUXURY GUEST JOURNEY FROM PRE-ARRIVAL TO POST-DEPARTURE
- Leads and guides the ExCo and management teams in driving the hotel to achieve its brand and guest driven goals.
- Be present to personally welcome key residents and patrons.
- Be the host at Fairmont Doha.
- Communicates in an effective and timely manner with ExCo and the Managing Director on matters which requires the attention of ExCo and the Managing Director.
- Represents Fairmont Doha and the Fairmont Brand in projecting a credible image to the market, residents and colleagues alike
- Be visible around the hotel and shows an active interest in our colleagues' welfare.
- Oversees and vet on all preventive maintenance plans.
- Ensures a clean and hygiene compliant hotel environment at all times.
- Leads by example in living the Fairmont brand values and established service culture as well as Code of Ethics.
MAXIMISES REVENUE INFLOW AND COST CONTROL
- Sets, plans and directs the operational departments to achieve agreed goals of gross operating profit through attaining competitive RevPar Index, Average Check and CPOR goals.
- Supports the hotel's annual budgeting process and adhere to the KH/Accor established guidelines.
- Assists in managing the hotel's budget and ensuring that expenses incurred are within budget and in line with the established guidelines.
- Follows protocol in approving expenses, and obtains the approval first from the Managing Director and Financial Controller for items which require approval at this level before implementation.
- Cooperates with the Finance team and ensures compliance of credit policies and procedures through signatures and meetings.
- Constantly identifies new revenue opportunities and improvement of existing revenue streams.
- Ensures intelligent use of funds available by optimising spending yet ensuring availability of funds for needed improvements and new initiatives.
SEEKS CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY IN PRODUCT AND SERVICES
- Complies with Fairmonts' established guidelines on the hotel organisational structure and reporting lines, for example ExCo structure.
- Works with respective ExCo to ensure F&B concepts, service of sequence and product are aligned with vision and market trends at all times.
- Ensures residents and patrons receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes and LQA standards, and aims to achieve the scores and goals set.
- Oversees the handling and follow-up of any security incident and guest complaint and always reinforces hotel values.
- Co-chairs the execution of cleanliness matters in line with government regulations and WHO requirements.
- Oversees management of CAPEX and projects for the year.
- Acts on behalf of the Managing Director in his absence.
- Helps and supports to establish positive owner relations through proper and appropriate communications with the appointed Owner's representative.
- Follows appropriate protocol in communicating with the appointed Owner's representative and keeping the Managing Director informed of such communications.
- Leads and guides the ExCo and management teams in driving the hotel to achieve its KPIs.
- Complies with Fairmont Doha's established guidelines on recruitment, appointment and promotion of ExCo, Department Heads and colleagues.
- Ensures all Marketing and PR Communications are in compliance with Fairmont Brand Marketing guidelines.
- Supports and helps to prepare and submit the weekly reports to Corporate Office and Owners.
- Complies with Accor and Raffles' established guidelines on staff fringe benefits.
- Ensures synergies amongst departments.
MAIN COMPLEXITY/CRITICAL ISSUES IN THE JOB
- Integrated aspect of the property.
- Historic hotel with constant product challenges.
- Emergency and crisis management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma or Degree from preferably hospitality or related field.
Minimum 12 years' relevant experience with at least 3 years at ExCo level.
Excellent communication skills in English and ability to communicate in a second language
Prior work experience in Middle East preferred.
Thrives in large scale operation and high volume operation.
Enjoys working in multi-cultural environment.
Pre-opening experience preferred
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Ascertains and addresses guest/colleague needs.
- Directs, trains and motivates individuals and creates and maintains a cohesive team.
- Possesses good working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, profit and loss statements.
- Focuses on service with an eye for detail and an approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, and exercises good judgment.
- Prioritises and organises work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and shows good initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Flexible and able to embrace and responds to change effectively.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.