JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Scope and Objectives
Help the Company meet legislative goals by creating policy proposals and working with government agencies and employees to manage and control the process of all activities that are related to the Government offices, visas and licenses. Assure that responsibilities are executed in a timely manner and provide the management team with efficient reports that highlights opportunities and avoid obstacles.
- Ensure that hotel abides to all laws related to Ministry of Labor, Immigration, Civil Defense, Qatar Tourism Authority, Ministry of Interiors, Qatar Chamber, Medical Commission and other legal requirements
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Maintain a good working relationship with government and immigration representatives
- Secure all visa permits and resident licenses; following government administration guidelines as stipulated by law
- Stay current on information relating to local law and changes in law regarding visas
- Ensure proper invoicing for all visas, filing and the cancellation of no-show visas
- Ensure the visas of terminated or resigned Colleagues are cancelled and ensure their exit or legal stay in the country
- Work closely with Talent & Culture to assist on assigned projects as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- To ensure that every Colleague always has an up to date legal residence compliances and that all licenses in the hotel are updated.
- Attends meetings as scheduled.
- Participate actively in company initiated associate activities.
- Adheres to specific hygiene and personal appearance standards of the Hotel.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled. Adheres to the set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
- Familiarizes oneself and adheres to the provisions outlined in the Employee's Handbook, Disciplinary Code and Rules and Regulations.
Assimilate into The Raffles & Fairmont culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The Immigration Coordinator must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable adjustments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of audience, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word
- Working knowledge of Qatari culture, customs and laws
- Ability to speak, read and write in Arabic and as well in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and planning skills, including ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set goals and enforce deadlines, while maintaining flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals
- Ability to function competently in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative, reasoning and problem-solving skills
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel facilities and attractions
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
- Accor values and its corresponding strategies
- Methods of accepted payment of the company
- Short- and long-term company marketing promotions
- Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.