JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A reputable client in Qatar is looking to hire a Joint Ventures Manager to leave the JV departments for effective management and operation of all the LNG joint ventures.
• Contribute to the formulation of the divisional strategy in alignment with the company's strategy, and support its implementation.
• Participate in translating the divisional strategy into annual operational business plans, and ensure their implementation, as well as follow up their progress, and take corrective actions as needed.
• Ensure that the joint ventures into which the company enters with various international companies, returns the best interests that are aligned with those of the company.
• Ensure consistency between all the joint ventures in terms of ship performance, projects, initiatives, operating costs, refit specifications and crew competencies.
• Supervise a team to work with the joint venture ship managers on operational and technical issues that are experienced on board the ships until the incident is successfully closed.
• Set the targets to be achieved for the department related to the joint ventures to ensure that short and medium term business targets are met along with regulatory requirements.
• Participate in preparation of the joint venture board meeting materials and ensure that the same is disseminated prior to the meeting. Ensure that all members are aware of any pending issues and the same is discussed in the meeting.
• Prepare regular reports and make presentations on finance and administrative activities to the joint venture partners, board members and senior management of the company.
• Conduct frequent discussions and meetings with joint venture partners to address important issues.
• Provide support in negotiating new agreements and generating commercial breakthrough solutions.
• Develop, prepare and conduct with minimum supervision, complex analysis and reporting on the finance and administrative activities of the company and its joint venture partners.
• Administer shareholder agreements and other corporate agreements as they relate to the various joint venture partners of the organization.
• Manage interactions with charterers on behalf of third party vessel managers. These interactions are related to discussions on operational issues, legal disputes, underperformance etc.
• Manage department staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
• Contribute to managing change in own team by providing inputs for and taking part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that are aligned with the best practice.
• Oversee and ensure compliance with all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across the Joint Venture department to ensure that the company provides safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
• Prepare the Joint Venture department budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect the interests of the company.
• Develop the Joint Venture department policies, procedures and systems and ensure their proper implementation to support the achievement of the different set targets and plans and hence the company strategy.
• Oversee all matters, both administrative and operational related to joint ventures.
• Develop and maintain long term relationships with important maritime industry bodies, customers and suppliers to try and maximize support for the organization’s strategy and plans.
• Benchmark the performance of all the joint venture vessel managers and report the same to the senior management so as to enable them to make informed decisions.
• Ensure cost optimization across the joint venture companies for new projects.
• Manage the database of common failures and major operational issues experienced on board the joint venture LNG vessels.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Degree in International Trade or Business is essential
• Masters’ degree in Business or International Trade would be advantageous
• Minimum of 10 - 15 years’ experience in maritime organization, the last 5 years of which must be in a leadership role, such as that of a Manager or Head of an energy related business unit
• Prior experience in the LNG sector is required
• Prior experience of dealing with multiple international JV operations and exposure is essential; however, specific experience of the Middle East is not required
Job Specific Skills:
• Maritime background in an energy related sector would be preferred
• Previous experience of developing business in the energy sector on an international scale is required
• Able to read and evaluate company accounts
• Knowledge of financial procedures associated with the oil & gas industry in particular joint venture accounting
• Good understanding of oil & gas service contracts and procedures
• Strong experience in managing third party negotiations
• Expertise in tender procedures and practices
• Strong understanding of the legal/contractual and commercial aspects of joint ventures
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and & Manufacturing & sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.