JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Objective :
To provide Safety & Risk discipline specific engineering services to Worley and its clients, and technical support and supervision within the discipline and to other disciplines by leading a discipline team.
Specific Accountabilities :
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers.
- Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to the broader Safety & Risk engineering issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives
- Provide specialist technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline and project teams; participate in peer reviews;
- Ensures recognised offshore engineering practices applicable to safety & risk design are adopted within the discipline
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and quantification.
- HAZOP and HAZID leadership
- Review of Safety & Risk Studies:
- Safety & Risk Philosophies.
- Design Requirements for Safety Systems.
- Active Fire Protection Design (PipeNet).
- Passive Fire Protection Design.
- Fire and Gas Design.
- Hazardous area classification.
- Escape routes and safety equipment specification.
- Formal Safety Assessments.
- Manage major Accident Hazard events and apply a formalised approach of hazard management to identify and provide means of mitigation and reduction of hazards.
- Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards.
- Design Safety Reviews / Studies, Layout, EERA, ESSA, F&G, Hazardous Area.
- Lead Fire and Explosion Studies and other Risk based studies consistent with Safety Case application. This includes Non-Flammable Analysis Studies, Smoke Dispersion modeling, Escape and Rescue Modeling and Emergency System Vulnerability Assessments.
- Provide advice to Project Engineering personnel & Management on all aspects of risk reduction, mitigation and safety engineering matters.
- Preparation of, and management of, both Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments, including fault tree and event tree analyses, hazard identification, FMECA techniques, risk ranking
- Quality Assurance - work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety - responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures
Job Specific Knowledge :
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Experience in various phases of project life cycle; feasibility/concept studies, FEED, detail engineering, EPIC.
- Expertise in: Hazard and Risk Management, Concept Option Selection, Inherent Safety Review, Fire & Explosion Analysis, Fire Protection related studies, Formal Safety Assessments, Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards, QRA, Safety Case, Reliability Studies (including FMEA and RAM), SIL Assessments, Active Fire Protection Design, Passive Fire Protection Design.
- Experience in facilitation HAZOP and HAZID workshops
- Experience with Reliability/Availability Studies for offshore projects
- Exposure to Safety Management principals, application and relevance in Risk Assessments
- Experience with completion of Safety Cases for offshore facilities
- Expert level knowledge in - Safety & Risk Engineering (Active and Passive Fire protection system design, Fire and Gas detection system design, Hazardous area classification), Safety and Risk Studies (QRA and FERA)
- Pipenet, PHAST, SAFETI, PHA Pro, Flaresim, Detect3D (optional), exSILentia (optional).
Industry Specific Experience :
- Extensive work experience at a lead level Safety & Risk engineer for greenfield and brownfield projects from Front End Development through execution, commissioning and start-up.
- Must have sound offshore experience of at least 15 years involving complex greenfield development projects.
- Minimum 15 years design experience within the oil and gas industry, with last 5 years' at least, leading a team of safety discipline engineers and designers
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the process discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.