JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
An Oil and Gas client in Qatar in looking to hire a Leadership Development - Lead to assist in developing senior leaders in line with business priorities, manpower and local plans.
Scope of Work
The role shall be responsible for
- Strategically articulating, aligning and driving the leadership development agenda to ensure leaders are competent and prepared to lead the business today and in the future;
- Upkeep the Leadership Development to reflect best practices used in the industry.
Requires the ability to
- Manage Digital Transformation and Data Analytics;
- Think and act strategically to align with business and National strategy;
- Develop internal and external networks to understand and support the business in line with changing business landscape and organisations agenda.
- Many expats consider the process of Qatarization as a threat to their jobs, thus there is passive resistance to manage and overcome when considering developing high potential Nationals for key roles with the client.
- Facilitate and conduct the preparation of the annual budget estimates for Leadership Development activities and provide the required recommendation and support to Head of Training and Education.
- Review the accrual and variance analysis, prepare periodic reports on training costs and statistics to ensure training expenditures are within budgetary limits.
- Establish the required Training contract and monitor the training contract implementation and progress review. Monitoring and implement procurement processes / forms for all training activities.
- Provide support and guidance to Training & Education focal person on all tasks related to training activities and leadership Development including training contract, training registration & logistics, materials management processes, training evaluation, training design, training analysis, etc. Monitoring and review of accruals, variance analysis, and other procurement forms/ process for the Leadership training / activities.
- Prepare, coordinate, and support the formulation of the Company’s Annual Leadership Development Plan resulting from talent pool and succession planning review and leadership competency gap analysis and advice on course applicability for business essential leadership skills courses held outside and inside Qatar.
- Develop a detailed plan for the development and delivery of leadership training and training materials and/or curriculum.
- Provide guidance and support to the Training & Education focal person in the creation and maintenance of leadership development materials, coordinating activities and functions to ensure the objectives for each program are accomplished in line with established priorities, timelines, budget limitations, and other specifications.
- Evaluate critical talent and leadership development processes in the organisational context to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness and added value of the Division.
- Design, deliver and facilitate leadership development programmes / training interventions/ teaming building including, leadership training, 360 feedback, psychometrics, coaching and development planning.
- Monitor the progress of individuals against agreed development plans, evaluate the impact of Leadership development interventions, and provide recommendation to Head of Training & Education.
- Prepare and share periodic reports on leadership training costs and statistics to ensure training expenditures are within budgetary limits.
- Provide support to Head of Training & Education for any projects / activities related to Learning & Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
- 8 years of training and career development experience in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry including 3 years in a supervisory role.
- In-depth knowledge acquired through experience implementing best practice in leadership development, succession planning and talent management.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.