JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Legal Counsel (Construction) – Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is a major consultancy operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a Lawyer with a background in the Construction industry to join their team in Qatar. You must have at least 3 years’ experience working a private practice as well as working as an in-house lawyer.
• Providing non-contentious construction advice to construction project teams in coordination with other company departments, ensuring that all aspects of contract management receive a high quality legal service
• Providing advice in accordance with the company’s contracts and commercial policies and procedures
• Reviewing service and commercial contracts and assisting in the procurement of professional and commercial services
• Drafting and reviewing MOUs between project stakeholders
• Providing research, legal opinions and advice concerning specific issues: construction & contracts law, litigation, and dispute resolution
QAR 45,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• University degree in Law from a recognised law school, with admittance to a recognised Bar or holding a current practicing certificate issued by a Law Society
• Previously worked in a private practice
• Around 10 years’ experience working on major construction projects and dispute resolution/commercial arbitration within the Middle East
• Familiarity with the FIDIC suite of contracts is essential, preferably in the transport sector
• Good knowledge of the legal systems in the Middle East and the civil code system
• The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English. Spoken Arabic is not a prerequisite but would be an advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.