JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Title : LWD Engineer
Job Summary :
• Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Logging- While-Drilling (LWD) process, including tool preparations, data acquisition, log generation and Quality Control (QC) and delivery of the services to the customer.
• Serves as the lead engineer on most jobs.
• Ensures that all data presented to the customer is accurate, timely and meets the highest service quality standard possible. Ensures that expected and needed data and possible problems are provided to the customer.
• Provides technical consultation to all of Company clients.
• This includes mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) planning, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system and BHA dynamics.
• Properly tests all tools and equipment before, during and after each job.
• Identifies and corrects operational problems to prevent or minimize service impact. Accurately completes all required forms, databases and reports (i.e. service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site survey, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) report, First Alert Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI).
• Ensures BHA's are assembled as planned, including correct make-up torque, doping and handling. Aware of customer requirements regarding directional survey procedures.
• Interfaces with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
• Participates in performance improvement initiatives as required.
• Engineering degree in a STEM discipline required. Completion of the basic M/LWD training program and 6-12 months working as a Field Prof- LWD, I.
• Must have successfully passed company tests, or met task guideline requirements.
• Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to required standards.
• Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
• Requires ability to read and interpret formation well logs and interpret directional survey information and other well site data.
• Must possess relevant on and offshore safety certificates.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil &a Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.