JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
To operate, maintain and support network operations for network section and assist supervisor & engineers in carrying out timely resolution of any network problems or requirements in order to ensure trouble-free. secure and consistent operation of the company's network environment.
Network technician with at least 8-1O years of experience in troubleshooting network and connectivity issues. Should be able to provide assistance and successfully resolve problems related to connectivity and telecommunications. Must have a bachelor's degree in ICT or related field from a reputed institute.
Job Description/ Job Responsibilities
Uptake & maintain Telecommunication service, equipment link which may involve areas such as:
• Install or disconnect PCs/Phones and cabling as instructed.
• Rectify basic cabling faults and connectivity problems.
• Conduct basic operations of call manager to assign ·number in proper address spaces.
• Program voice mailboxes for individual users and troubleshoot voice mail issues and system failures.
• Keep track of Analog and digital lines/ links coming from service provider, maintaining them as per needs.
• Monitor all types of communication link provided b service provider.
• Support the Network's team at WOQOD in maintaining the existing network active equipment configuration and take initiative in solving and reporting major problems when required.
• In coordination with the Systems Team, make sure that the servers are running smoothly by monitoring the server log files and report on problems if any, to effect successful implementation of newly developed applications.
• Perform trouble shooting as instructed by team supervisor for network and system problems including analyzing network issues concerned.
• Applying various actions to resolve issue, reconfiguring network, checking connectivity of cables to ensure minimal impact on network.
• Assist the team supervisor and engineers in administering & maintaining
• corporate infrastructure while conducting basic configuration tasks for switches. routers, access points and installing, testing, certifying, and troubleshooting networking cabling systems.
• Configure, test. and maintain LAN I WAN equipment and related services on a
• regular basis as per plan to ensure smooth operation of the system and supports WOQOD's LAN I WAN environment to meet user requirements and ensure security aspects of the network are duly maintained with no unauthorized access or incidents to avoid security breaches.
• Assist in the maintenance of network system security by implementing and enforcing the security policies and procedures using available network tools.
• Conduct a regular preventive maintenance check on all network or server equipment using the corresponding testing methods to ensure that the general mechanical and physical features are in adequate operational condition and to report any need for further maintenance or replacement.
• Must have bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent.
• 6-10 years or more demonstrated experience in maintaining and supporting networks, servers, computer rooms and data centers.
• Experience in the data center, ICT facilities infrastructure operation, and maintenance
• CCNA CCNP
• Extreme Networks certified is preferred.
Job Specific Skills:
• Strong knowledge and experience in computer hardware, security, and network operations
• Knowledge of ICT standards and technical writing skills
• Ability to communicate clear1y and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on WOQOD systems.
• Ability to work non-standard hours, including working weekends, holidays, and on shift-based schedules.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vistas Global is a diversified group of businesses with interests in technology (Vistas Global WLL, Momenta WLL), human capital, media (Vistas Media ME-FZ LLC), digital, food & beverage (Nushi, Haagen Dazs, Caliburger, Kamats), engineering (Vistas Security, Vistas Engineering) and real estate.
The group was founded by Suraj Thampi, an entrepreneur who pioneered the business process outsourcing concept in the Middle East in 1998. Having successfully built and sold three companies previously, Vistas is now his fourth venture in the region. In a short period of time, Vistas has emerged as one of the largest professional service companies in the region, employing over 1,300 people across 5 continents, 8 Offices and 5 Time Zones.