JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Main Purpose of Job:
- To be responsible for all operations including staff, budget and performance of the Hard and Soft FM services contracts.
- To effectively manage and develop all FM services within each Contract, implementing best practices and improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the client to ensure day to day requirements of delivering of the contract are met, meeting the clients expectations.
- To be responsible for contractual performance in accordance with agreed budgets, compliance with KPI’s & SLA’s,
- Ensure that all Company H&S and Quality Policies are being implemented and followed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To deliver, at all times, high quality Hard and Soft FM services within the business by applying professional expertise and management along with compliance against the contract thus ensuring added value, increased productivity, and cost efficiencies.
- To formulate in conjunction with Company management and the Client, suitable strategies to meet the demands of service provision and ongoing improvement.
- To exercise financial and commercial controls in the management of expenditure and income within agreed budgets. To maximise profitability of operations and deliver ongoing cost savings.
- To identify and develop opportunities to enhance business and revenue growth.
- To produce an overall contract budget and be responsible for actual performance against budget and to take remedial action when applicable.
- To cost effectively manage business with all suppliers in order to achieve best value for money and develop supply relationships. 7 To implement and maintain the performance monitoring system, while being accountable for the monthly performance.
- To actively promote the development of professional codes of practice in line with organisational and local business needs.
- To be involved in business development activities for the contract and Company as a whole.
- To promote the highest standards of customer care and to monitor the quality of all services provided to customers.
- To achieve a safe environment and practices for clients, staff and others while on the site premises, ensuring compliance with Company and legislative requirements, including Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- To recruit, select, motivate and develop staff to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and customer service.
- To define, set and monitor the objectives for the contract and each of the job holders ensuring their maximum contribution to the business.
- To develop good communication and relationships at all levels within the team and with all colleagues and customers.
- To ensure the appraisal of the performance of all staff and provide relevant training and development to achieve the highest standards of personal contribution.
- Being part of the facilities management contract team, ensure the successful mobilization of all hard and soft FM services at each new location.
- To help train staff as necessary to help improve performance.
- Attend training sessions or team meetings, as required.
- Support and promote the Company Vision and Values, encouraging great staff performance.
- To comply with the Company’s Policies, Procedures and written instructions.
- To fulfill Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety management system & guidelines.
- To support the Company's Quality Policy Statement and actively participate in the achievement of Company and personal Quality objectives.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department / Service.
- Engineering University degree or master’s degree with strong emphasis in Engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in Facilities Management OD and/or Change Management with strong background in change management methodology required.
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to drive organizational change.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Courage to challenge status quo at all levels.
- we value the contribution of all our people in making us a leading organization. We invest in employee development and we provide a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career as we work together to deliver innovative solutions for our clients
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The core business of EFM KW is the management and delivery of integrated facilities management services, either in partnership with our sister construction company, Bouygues on PFI / PPP deals, ETDE in Europe & Middle East or in our own right on outsourcing contracts for both the public and private sectors.
For each contract we aim to manage and deliver our contracted services by the direct employment of all operational, management and support staff. However, we recognise the need for specialist inputs in specific areas and the fact that in some cases it is more economic to employ subcontracted specialists for certain operations. In such cases we would expect to retain full management responsibility for the satisfactory delivery of the subcontracted service.
With our principal policy of directly employing staff wherever possible, we maintain excellent flexibility to deploy and re-deploy staff as necessary between sites to supplement the permanent site contingents. Maximising our directly employed staff also allows us to smooth out peaks and troughs in activity, and provide for contingency planning in the event of emergencies or absenteeism.