JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
JOB TITLE: Operator - Stripper / Burn Off Oven
DEPARTMENT: Electrical Workshop
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Electrical Supervisor
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to strip down electrical motors and components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect and check documentation and verify job number matches the allocated motors or components and assist the winders in the inspection and dimensional measurement of the stator and record all necessary details such as coil overhang, connection details etc on the appropriate documents.
• Transfer the stator to the designated work area operating forklifts, overhead cranes and other relevant material handling equipment and cut and remove coils, tag and safe the coil head for future reference.
• Transfers and places in the burn off oven in the correct horizontal/vertical position using steel blocks and cross checks with electrical supervisor to select and activate the appropriate approved OEM cycle and temperature levels taking into consideration the component material and oven loadings and capability.
• Removes on completion of burn off cycle and transfers to the designated work area and uses the relevant equipment to lock down and strip all remaining insulation and copper coils saving all removed copper.
• Pressure wash the stator and dry using the curing oven and assist winders in inspecting and repairing any hot spots, burned areas or fused plates particularly in the stator lamination.
• Apply as and when instructed red varnish or similar protective insulation coating, tag and transfer to the appropriate locations for further work such as rewinding or to the designated job bin or lay down area.
• Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner and maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness
• Ensure that all related paperwork, checklists and reports are accurately completed and submitted and comply with all company QHSE, equipment, tooling and housekeeping policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business and maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience in an internationally recognised electric motor service/repair company and experienced in stripping down and burning off a wide range of electrical motors and components. Must be experienced in the use of a wide range of hand and power tools and material handling techniques and certificated to operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of stripping and burn off equipment and techniques. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO / OEM standards and procedures with the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of electrically charged burn off ovens with after burner or a similar burn off system and must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.