JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Ensuring high quality performance as a Planning Manager to support the project and to fulfill QPMs vision of becoming a world class company.
• Develop / update, improve and implement plans, procedures, standards and systems for all the planning, scheduling and reporting related tasks
• Prepare and maintain project work break down structure and integrated master schedule for the Project
• Prepare and maintain consistent progress measurement system within the Project
• Support in identifying, developing, and improving plans, procedures, standards and systems for the Planning department
• Support in developing / updating and implementing appropriate KPIs for the Project
• Analyze and report on the Consultant’s and Contractor’s schedules and progress reports
• Perform critical path analysis of schedules
• Prepare independent risk analysis of Consultant’s and Contractor’s Schedules
• Prepare, coordinate, and update the Project Risk Register
• Ensure that the approved Baseline Schedule is followed by all the entities involved
• Prepare reports to the senior management pertaining to schedules
• Analyze and report on the Consultant’s and Contractor’s Extension of Time Claims
• Prepare the Project status reports (monthly, weekly, daily, and ad hoc) and any other requested relevant reports
• Review, assess, and comment on the Contractor’s and Consultant’s relevant reports.
• Continuous monitoring and assessment to the Project cost and time and provide early warnings and recommended actions whenever a deviation to the Project cost and/or time is forecasted.
• Work with the members of the team and the other departments to make sure schedule obligations are met within order to complete the Project on time.
• Review, analyze, evaluate, and provide recommendations regarding Contractor’s and Consultant’s claims.
• Assist the project Manager and other members of the team in preparing or providing input for project related written communication (e.g. correspondences, reports)
• Attend Project meetings as required.
• Organize and lead meetings with Stakeholders pertaining to schedules and Planning, and prepare meeting records.
• The establishment of collaborative electronic enabled tools for working efficiently with consultants, contractors and other external agencies
• Support in establishing tools and systems that allow lessons learned to be captured from constructing projects, and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools and systems in order to improve the approach to deliver the upcoming projects
• BSc degree in the Civil Engineering discipline.
• Preferably with a 2-year post graduate degree in engineering management / management and a PgMP or PMP certification.
• 15 years of directly related experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities with 7 years of experience in a managerial role.
• Experience on design and construction of large scale building projects including Super Rise Towers.
• Proven ability to perform management role.
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Conduct presentations to management, and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
• Proficiency in scheduling software including Primavera P6.2, Claim Digger, Schedule Analyser and other presentation software like MS Office, Visio, Crystal Reports etc
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
• Knowledge of current technology and its effective use on the project.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.