JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Presales Business Architect - ENR - Qatar
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
Presales Business Architect - Energy & Natural Resources - Qatar
In this contest of digital transformation and intelligent enterprise in the cloud, SAP Prospects and customers demand a solid, reliable, and trustworthy counterpart from SAP to work with as trusted advisor on how SAP offering can drive solid business transformation. This advisory role plays as the single point of contact for business owners in our prospects/customers, to let them better understand the Business value and superior user/client experience achieved by adopting SAP solutions in customer's business contests. The Presales Business Architect (PBA) is the key role within SAP presales to develop a compelling value propositions that can drive the customer decision to invest in SAP and drive a Business and Cloud Transformation.
The PBA is responsible to co-define with sales counterpart the account & sales strategy, plan and successfully execute sales engagements with dedicated focus on offering SAP. Solution positioning. These engagements are based on a strong personal knowledge on how to position SAP to enabled business transformation and deliver tangible impacts.
The PBA leads and manages Virtual Account Team engagements for accounts defined as strategic in the specific in the dedicated Market Units, with full accountability of the results from presales engagements, that she/he leads with proven leadership.
According to the defined sales and account strategy based on business transformation objectives, the PBA designs the sales process content and its execution, create a Winning Plan that manages the staffed SAP resources (presales, Industry experts, Value engineer, Product/solution management, Consultants, etc), to exceed the customer expectations on business needs, impacts, that Rise enables.
The PBA is expected to establish a solid relationship with a Customer Executive (CXO), by speaking their business language and clarifying the business value that the Customer will experience from SAP Solutions.
The PBA must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills, business knowledge, coach and manage the assigned presales team members in complex sales cycles.
Overview & Skills for Success
Business Architect is the ultimate SAP Solution expert in the focus industry.
- Broad knowledge of business processes and business models enabled by ERP solutions
- Proficient in explaining the business value of cloud enabled S/4 and rise packages
- Relevant knowledge in the ENR (focus on O&G) industry and broad SAP portfolio- both solutions and technology.
- Rise with SAP knowledge is a plus
- Proven contributor and leader in account and opportunity strategy definition around SAP solutions
- Strong practitioner of customer discovery and deal qualification practices with specific focus on how adopting SAP in customer business contests
- Able to articulate the business value of SAP and the value of the Cloud enabled business applications
- Able to sustain with executives talks and challenging discussions around the value of cloud-based, S/4 and SAP business applications
- Firm ability to staff and orchestrate VAT teams to create a business architecture (business processes) centered around SAP indsutry solution and able to extend with other SAP LoB solutions
- Strong gravitas in explaining the business impacts of a Business transformation and SAP solution to Executives
- Challenger, Sales and Digital Transformation attitude driven by a business mindset
- Seasoned and trustworthy advisor to customer executives and decision makers
- Able to establish personal long-term customer relationships
- Team builder, natural motivator of team members
- Articulation of business messages with SAP unique selling points
- Consistent customer experience throughout the sales cycle via orchestration of the SAP positioning and messaging
- Trusted relationship with key customer stakeholders on SAP's role in solving the customer's business needs
Roles & Responsibilities
Account Planning & Management:
- Define (with sales executives) the account strategy and identify business needs and related opportunity enabled SAP in new and in established customers
- Research account and industry context maps, understand the SAP solution scope and possible customer needs
- Support and liaise with sales in account planning activities to build the customer vision based on solution scope
- Single point of contact for sales into the presales organization
- Strong ability to analyse customer strategy, customer organization (power map) and identify customer needs and related customer stakeholders
- Review/ensure professional opportunity qualification with sales and presales following the well-established SAP qualification processes
- Plan deal execution (activities, presales skills, win themes and expected outcomes)
- Staff required VAT experts within Presales and other SAP organizations (COE, IVE, IBU, partners etc.)
- Discover business needs, map solutions and explain Rise and S/4 business impacts to Executives
- Design a business architecture that meets the customer needs and is supported by SAP ENR industry and extended SAP LoB solution portfolio
- Design/validate solution landscape with EA, Cloud Architects and SAP Solution specialists that meets customer requirements
- Monitor the impact of Presales Specialists, ensuring consistency of win themes and overall messaging in customer interactions/demos
- Ensure BOM preparation and that it aligns with the customers Business needs
- Ensure hand over from presales to DBS/CEE/Partners
- Govern the complex deals to ensure consistency in delivering messages, and solution presentation/demos, according to the sales strategy and customer needs
- Collaborate with sales/ COO area to identify opportunities in assigned accounts with focus on Rise positioning
- Create plans for given Customer set to win prospects and customers in alignment and cooperation's with COOs
- Able to present the value of SAP in public events
- Stay current on new solutions and SAP innovation updates, with focus on S/4 and Rise offering evolutions
- Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solution differentiators.
- Actively participates in the solution HUB of their primary and secondary specializations
Experience & Language Requirements
- 10+ years of Presales experience as a ERP Product Specialists, Solution Captain or Presales Manager or similar roles in Consulting
- Expert knowledge/expertise on ERP Enabled end to end processes/solution matching (Business Architecting / Solution Architecting)
- Strong knowledge of ERP enabled business transformation processes, and SAP ERP Solution: S/4 knowledge in Cloud is a plus
- Rise & Latest SAP solution knowledge is a strong plus
- ERP implementation experience is a plus
- Expert in value proposition creation
- Deep cloud mindset and cloud (SAAS, PAAS, IAAS) architecture knowledge
- Cybersecurity in Cloud architectures is a plus
- Experience in sales and sales processes in complex contexts
- Program/Project Management capabilities
- Leadership and Seniority in C-level engagements
- English: Expert
- Arabic knowledge will be considered a plus
Soft Skills (as a plus)
- Natural leader & Motivator
- Excellent communication skills
- Story crafter and/or storyteller
- Empathic and able to create empathy
- Ideation / Design Thinking
- Challenger Questioning
- Influence without Authority
- Natural leaders and team builder
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.