JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Summary and Purpose
A representative assigned from the subcontract group to manage and lead the subcontract activities within the project management team (PMT) reporting administrative to the Managing Director and functionally to the Project manager. PSM will ensure that subcontract planning, tendering and administration is performed efficiently, effectively and accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Inclusion of HSE requirement in subcontract agreement.
- Pre-Qualification of subcontractors through analysis of information sent in response to questionaries, financial investigation and reference check.
- Develop and finalize of bidders list each type of work to be subcontracted and obtaining PMT/ASM Approvals.
- Consult with Project Management and coordinators on scope of work and other requirements pertaining to a specific subcontract.
- Received and check requisition for subcontracts.
- Resolve any discrepancies and deficiencies within the requisition or technical document.
- Obtain clarification, missing document or information.
- Prepare and issue formal request for quotations.
- Plan and ensure bidders make site visit.
- Facilitate response to bidders queries regarding the request for quotation.
- Facilitate bid clarification meetings, pre-award and award meeting as required.
- Ensure proper meeting minute is recorded and distributed in the timely manner.
- Effective negotiations to meet project and owner goals.
- Evaluate proposals and make recommendations for award after technical input.
- Obtain proper approvals for award.
- Ensure tax and license requirement are correctly addressed.
- Ensure project schedule are supported.
- Prepare, execute and issue project subcontract.
- Ensure proper issuance of certificates are on the file prior to the mobilization.
- Assist project team in resolving subcontractors' disputes, claims and performance issues.
- Identification, evaluation, preparation and subsequent agreement of subcontract scope of work change.
- Prepare and issue properly approved addendums in support of project requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of subcontract file with documentation required for audit.
- Develop project subcontract plan.
- Ensure control of formal communication with subcontractors.
- Main contact of all subcontractors commercial and contractual matters.
- Responsible for compliance with global guidelines, policies and project procedures.
- Ensure prime contract conditions were applicable, flow through to subcontractors (unless otherwise approved).
- Provide input to project manager and or area subcontract manager
- Promote implementations of QHSES initiatives and drive achieving objectives.
- Assist with the development and update of cost for forecast for input to Project Manager.
- Identification, evaluation, and monitoring of risk of project.
- Provide monthly reports to the managers.
- Assist with the establishment of cost forecast for input to estimating manager.
- Close out all subcontracts in accordance with project procedures.
- Should take the lead in dealing with changes/claim from the subcontractor.
- Should work with the operations and controls personal and be responsible for the progress measurement and reporting to subcontracts.
- Should have responsibility to manage the invoices and payment process of subcontracts -which involves the valuation process, acknowledge of service, preparation of the MCC and approvals of invoice.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Construction, Engineering or business-related field or the equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years prior engineering and construction Industry work experience, 10 years of prior procurement / Materials Management experience including subcontract administration/ Quantity surveyor experience of which 2 years directly concerned with Offshore engineering including subcontracts administration.
- Ability to accomplish objectives within the diverse corporate environment.
- Knowledge of contracting strategies, principles and procedures.
- Familiarity with Engineering and construction practice related to contract development and administration.
- Knowledge of type of work typically subcontracted appropriate work packages and scope of work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally in business environment.
- Effective problem solver.
- Good decision maker.
- Effective and result oriented negotiator
- Proficient in use of MS office applications including work, excel & power point, access will be an added advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Fabrication Company (QFAB) is a joint-venture company between Qatar’s leading shipping and maritime company Nakilat and a fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions McDermott.