JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
This position shall provide a lead project controls role for delivery of a MoM Initiatives. The role will be required to manage all aspects of the reporting activities in the MoM assigned sector and to assist the Senior Project Controls Manager in delivery of Project Control requirements.
• Responsible for uniform reporting in their assigned Sector
• Accountable for ensuring reports are analyzed and presented in such a way that they highlight key management issues and opportunities to execute the program efficiently
• Accountable for providing support, guidance and advice to the assigned Sector on project controls matters.
• Responsible for participating in reporting forums with relevant Sector as required
• Accountable for point of contact for receiving all reporting data from the Sector.
• Responsible for liaising closely with all the other PMO functions to produce the monthly report in a timely and consistent manner
• Ensure project controls compliance related to Projects
• Arrange meetings to discuss and assist Sector to close their project control issues
• Provide support to the Senior Project Controls Manager where required on project control matters.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
University degree from a recognised University in an appropriate field such as, Project Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 15 years post graduate overall experience in project controls and minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
• preference will be given to related experience
• University degree from a recognised University in an appropriate field such as, Project Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills in Arabic, written and spoken.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Extensive Project Management experience
• Evidence of suitable professional qualification PMP, APM or equivalent is preferable
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• English language skills
• Experience of working in Qatar and / or the Gulf
• Strong working knowledge of Project Planning Software’s.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.