JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Position: Project Manager (NKOM)
Company: Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (NKOM)
Location: Doha / Ras Laffan
Job Summary and Purpose
Responsible for individually allocated projects in ship repair, conversion, off shore, rigs and new build. The role require the project manager to handle project planning and scheduling, Co-ordinating with ship owner’s representative, various trades and yards senior management, Co-ordinating with invoicer on commercial issues. Preparation of all documents concerning the projects.
• Implements the day-to-day operations assigned for the Project Management department to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
• Responsible for planning and running of the projects allocated in ship repair, conversion, new build and off shore jobs.
• Liaise with the Trades and make all necessary schedules for the project (preliminary, completion and revisions.) Ensure that all activities relating to the project are properly planned and that the plans and responsibilities are understood by all concerned parties. Identify any yard process which may cause delays or which can be optimized and propose solutions for the same.
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of the project to ensure timely delivery of assignments while maintaining standards and cost effectiveness. Ensure programs are front lined on daily basis. Develop contingency plans in advance in case items on the critical path are delayed.
• Effectively manage the project team including personnel from the functional departments and ensure effective communication at all times.
• Arrange project meetings, internal and external as necessary to ensure the effective tracking of man-hours spent.
• Track the cost of consumables which are being booked on the projects and maintain effective control of the same.
• Customer care - accountable for daily contact with the customers representative to report status, resolve issue and negotiate changes to schedule.
• Ensure that all project / contract deliverables including final documentation are properly submitted to the client in timely manner. Ensure project documents are maintained complete, current and stored appropriately.
• Ensure the project close out reports are maintained which includes the project evaluation, assessment of the results and lessons learnt.
• Develop project Status reporting.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including the Planning and commercial to ensure compliance to the regulations and project specifications.
• Prioritizing jobs carried out on board as per project requirements and allocating resources based on availability of work resources.
• Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
• Performs other related duties or assignments as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department.
• PMI (Project Management Institute) qualifications
• Marine/Mechanical/Naval Architect Engineering Degree.
• Project Management experience in Ship repair, Conversion, offshore & NB. Sea going experience is highly preferred.
• 5 years relevant working experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inSenior Project Manager Jobs in Qatar
Construction Manager Jobs in Qatar
Project Director Jobs in Qatar