JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Plan, execute and supervise the implementation of Radiation Safety Management programme across all QatarEnergy LNG sites in due compliance with applicable Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) and Qatar Energy (QE) directives to protect Company Onshore and Offshore assets, to safeguard public health and the environment and to achieve Company HSE objectives.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) - I
• Managing Radiation Safety programs across the QatarEnergy sites with a single aim of protecting the health of employees and the environment.
• Legal Compliance to the Qatar Ministry Radiation laws while working across the full scope of QatarEnergy LNG expansion projects, shutdowns and running assets, combined with the overall QatarEnergy LNG workforce.
• The increasing scope and complexity of QatarEnergy LNG business combined with the increase in regulatory requirements and safety standards.
• Huge spread of project construction and drilling activities.
• During peak construction phase, there will be large numbers of project sites onshore and offshore involving radiography and estimated over 25 radiography teams in different project locations working concurrently.
• At peak, 12 drilling rigs will be working concurrently offshore for 3 years with widespread use of specialist downhole radiography equipment.
Key Job Accountabilities - I
• Act as the Lead Custodian for the Radiation Protection (RP) program across QatarEnergy LNG.
• Ensure program is implemented efficiently across Company facilities for maintaining radiation safety.
• Lead the development of the Radiation safety-related documents and procedures as required.
• Act as a focal point for managing the technical and regulatory direction of the radiation safety program, principal technical resource to the Leadership management team, department heads and line managers, primary contact for MOECC inspections and radiation related queries from MOECC.
• Provide technical support to QatarEnergy LNG Field RPOs / RP Officers, provide advice on appropriate disposal of radioactive waste as per MOECC regulations, help the QatarEnergy LNG Asset teams for technical support on radiation training for their people in line with QatarEnergy LNG Training centre procedures.
• Lead the team to coordinate with all departments within the Company as well as with all contractors and subcontractors working in QatarEnergy LNG in effective implementation of the Radiation Protection (RP) program and Radiation safety procedures across QatarEnergy LNG.
• Participate in the preparation of the Radiation Safety budget to ensure all the programs and activities are properly funded.
• Assist in monitoring budget reports and investigate and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective Radiation safety program performance and cost control.
Key Job Accountabilities - II
• Identify requirements for specialized MOECC Approved Radiation Safety related contractor services as required in terms of MOECC regulations.
• Oversee the compliance of the Radiation Safety program by all Contractors involved in radiation work in QatarEnergy LNG (compliance with contractual obligations and quality of the work to maintain radiation safety) in collaboration with end-users.
• Provide specialist input to the concern departments in QatarEnergy LNG handling radiation activities, to ensure that the third-party radiation contractor management are fully aware of their responsibilities at initial stages of the contract.
• Ensure adherence to the Qatar Ministry Radiation Procedures and management systems, so that all the deliverables are achieved within the set time limits to ensure all legal compliances in terms of Radiation Safety.
• Participate in radiation related incidents, management workshops related to radiation safety.
• Provide specialist inputs in risk-based work selection regarding Radiation Safety activities in planning stages to ensure all legal compliances to the Radiation Ministry Standards and associated company procedures are taken in considerations.
• Overseas the performance and compliances of third-party Radiation contractor management in terms of radiation safety along with the QatarEnergy LNG Host under whom the contractor is working.
• Plan, execute and supervise the implementation of Radiation Safety Management programme across all QatarEnergy LNG sites in due compliance with applicable Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) and Qatar Energy (QE) directives to protect Company Onshore and Offshore assets, to safeguard public health and the environment and to achieve Company HSE objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline.
• Must be eligible to obtain a Radiation Protection Officer (RPO) licence from the MOECC (i.e., Embassy and University attested qualifications is must along with the experience documents in radiation field).
Knowledge and/or Experience - I
• 10 years’ related experience including 5 years’ experience as Supervisory level within the oil and gas or petrochemical industry. Has extensive knowledge in managing a Radiation Protection Program in an oil & gas facility or heavy industrial manufacturing setting.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
QatarEnergy LNG, established in 1984, pioneered the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industry in Qatar and today is the largest producer of LNG in the world with an annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) from its world-class facilities in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar.
Since the first production in 1996, QatarEnergy LNG has successfully delivered cargos to more than 30 countries and is committed to meeting the world’s demand for safe, reliable and clean energy.
Through its operational excellence, QatarEnergy LNG is adding value to its production chain, contributing to the Qatari economy and Qatar’s National Vision to ensure efficient energy supplies for the country, creating new markets and contributing to the local community.
In addition to the LNG facilities, QatarEnergy LNG operates the Jetty Boil-Off Gas facility, Al Khaleej Gas, Ras Laffan Heilum, the two Laffan Refineries (among the largest condensate refineries in the world), and the Ras Laffan Terminal on behalf of All participants.