JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client, headquartered in the USA, operates globally with international hubs in Canada, Australia, Asia, Qatar and Germany. This group counts 250+ people worldwide for a revenue of USD 60 million.
We are currently hiring a highly skilled Regional Finance Controller to join the team in Qatar - Doha.
The Regional Finance Controller will report locally to the General Manager as well as the Executive Committee based in the US. This pivotal role involves overseeing financial management for the ASEAN/ME Region and providing essential financial guidance to the Management, Clients, and Colleagues.
The ideal candidate will play a vital role in translating management directives into financial strategies and long-term financial planning. He/She will be a strong finance business partner and support the management team on taking the right business decisions.
* Monitoring cash flows and predicting future trends
* Analyzing changes and providing advisory support
* Implementing financial management mechanisms to minimize risks
* Identifying cost-reduction opportunities through reviews and evaluations
* Managing regional financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
* Collaborating with auditors to ensure annual monitoring
* Leading external relationships, e.g., auditors, solicitors, bankers, and statutory organizations
* Producing accurate financial reports, managing budgets, and contributing to HR functions
* Preparing various financial reports and statements
* Managing transaction processing, payroll, and tax filings
* Analyzing annual budget processes and evaluating results
* Supervising annual budgets and capital expenditure requests
* Developing and monitoring internal controls and compliance
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package. He/she will joined a mid-sized group for a long-term opportunity and have an impacting role.
Please note that this position may require limited travel to conduct audits of various operations in the ASEAN/EMEA Region.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience, combining an accounting background with a strong FP&A and Commercial Finance focus most recently
* A Middle East / GCC experience or exposure is mandatory for this role, even better with Qatar
* CPA or similar certification is ideal
* A previous experience within Oil and Gas, EPC or energy is a must-have
* A strong track record in project finance and contracting environments
* Proven track record managing multiple jurisdictions, ideally Middle East and Asian markets
* Influential and amenable nature
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.