JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Provide specific Health & Safety support to the Senior H&S Managers.
- Draft and/or review any Health & Safety related documents as required.
- Attendance at relevant meetings.
- Review and ensure that Health & Safety principles are incorporated and applied.
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
- Identify, develop, promote, and Implement health and safety programs as required on sites and by the Health & Safety policies and laws.
- Advise, guide, and support managers in the implementation of Health & Safety practices both on-site and within the office environment. working closely with stakeholders to ensure that Health & Safety procedures and policies are being applied on a Programme and Project level.
- Undertake the role of lead contact to senior management for advice and recommendations regarding Safety related issues.
- Provide technical support and advice to the Head of Engineering Support, and act independently as may be required under certain circumstances.
- Work proactively with the Design/Supervising Consultants to resolve any problems related to Safety.
- Coordinate with the Design Department to develop and implement improvements to the methods concerning Road Safety Audit to obtain the highest engineering value whenever possible.
- Function as an internal facilitator within the department to identify concerns, and areas for improvement, and then act to implement changes to processes.
- Continually seek and capture lessons learned from the process and use this intelligence to improve systems and tools.
- Liaise effectively with the Design/Supervising Consultants/Contractors on all Safety matters.
- Monitor policies and procedures and report any areas where improvement is required.
- Ensure Programme and Project wide compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Function as an internal focal point and subject matter expert for all Health & Safety related matters identifying trends, vulnerabilities, and liabilities that can be avoided by preventive techniques and procedures and recommending necessary corrective actions and measures.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience with at least 4 years’ experience in the same field and position. Experience of major infrastructure projects or programs. Preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Experience with the planning and implementation of temporary and permanent road works to recognized international standards.
- Detailed knowledge of traffic control devices such as temporary safety barriers, speed control/speed management measures, traffic signage, road furniture, road markings, pedestrian and cycle crossing measures, as well as infrastructure requirements for traffic signals and roundabouts.
- Knowledge of wide-ranging road safety issues relating to complex layouts such as road tunnels/underpasses/elevated road sections/grade-separated interchanges and large traffic signal junctions.
- Experienced user of MS Office.
- Experience working in Qatar or the Gulf region is desirable.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- In-depth knowledge of project control procedures.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- University degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized University/Higher Educational institute in an appropriate field or equivalent.
- Professional OHS Qualifications certified by NEBOSH (IGC/NGC)
- Safety Management Qualification certified in ISO 45001 as Lead Auditor
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Client & Government procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Valid Qatar Driving License.
- Professional OHS Qualification certified by IOSH Managing Safely or Working Safely)/OSHA is highly desirable.
- Evidence of suitable professional qualification or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.