JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Supports adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports the processes for checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Ensure recognised onshore & offshore engineering practices applicable to safety & risk design are adopted.
- Development of design and operational engineering studies in the areas of risk, safety and Safety & Risk.
- Designs Safety & Risk scope of work in contract and stewards design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
- Gathering and compiling safety and environmental information.
- Prepares and assists in the execution of: Hazard Studies (HAZID-
- ENVID/HAZOP/LOPA); HSE Checklist and Design Basis; Design HSE Review such as Human Factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation.
Knowledge / Experience / Competencies Required
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Has an intermediate understanding of regulations, codes and industry standard practices
- Has a good understanding of onshore & offshore engineering practices applicable to Safety & Risk design for oil and gas/refinery/petrochemical facilities.
- Experience in developing Safety & Risk Engineering deliverables such as: o Project HSE Plan / Philosophy, HAC Schedule o Active Fire Protection
- Firewater system - Demand calculation, P&IDs and Layouts
- Clean agent system
- Portable fire extinguishers - specifications, datasheets & layouts
- Passive fire protection - schedule, specification ad layouts o Fire detection - F & G Detectors layouts & cause & effects charts
- Other safely layouts - Hazardous area classification, Escape route layouts, etc.
Moderate Level knowledge in - Safety & Risk Engineering (Active and Passive Fire protection system design, Fire and Gas detection system design, Hazardous area classification), Safety and Risk Studies (QRA and FERA
Industry Specific Experience:
- Must have engineering experience in Brown Field oil and gas related Safety & Risk Design and Engineering
- Must have engineering experience in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Experience in the Middle East, is an advantage
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Pipenet, PHAST, SAFETI, PHA Pro, Flaresim, Detect3D (optional), exSILentia (optional).
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.