JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- This position shall primarily provide Engineering support to the Project Manager in terms of delivery of a Project(s).
- Draft, review or recommend any engineering-related documents as required.
- Ensure external stakeholders safely deliver the project to the contract project specifications whilst all the time safeguarding Clients’ best interest.
- Function as a facilitator with service authorities, the Police, and other agencies as necessary to expedite approvals for the work.
- Work with the Authority in ensuring accurate data is captured on performance across a range of QHSE measures, and that the intelligence gained is used to improve future performance.
- Function as a facilitator to assist the Authority to work effectively with other relevant departments within Client.
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
- Attendance at relevant meetings.
- Ensure and review engineering compliance related to Projects.
- Liaise with various internal teams and external stakeholders to effectively manage various Projects.
- Responsible for specific engineering project delivery.
- Provide support primarily to the Project Manager where required on project management matters.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure Supervision projects or programs. preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in quality, health, and safety, & environmental management systems related to infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of international codes and Specifications of construction and experience in site supervision is essential.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- Appropriate knowledge of project management/engineering procedures.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of project management/engineering.
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- University degree from a recognized University in an appropriate field such as Project Management or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Client & Government procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Valid Driving License
- Evidence of suitable professional qualification CEng or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Client-side experience
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.