JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Senior Commercial Manager – Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to oversee all commercial aspects of their substantial programme delivery department in Qatar.
• Identifying and advising on all project commercial matters, including payment, securities management, change management, evaluation of claims & assessments, and quantification of risk
• Liaising with the programme delivery department for the review, assessment, and evaluation of contractors’ and consultants’ performance in relation to commercial tasks
• Ensuring all contracts are managed commercially and contractually according to the established rules, procedures, and regulations
• Identifying any issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity
• Leading and managing the cost reporting, ensuring adherence to schedule. Reporting cost forecasting, anticipated final costs, cost of works done, gross billing, and current contract values
• Overseeing the production of applications for payment and/or invoices to the supply chain department in accordance with the relevant funding agreements
• Coordinating with the legal department to ensure all commercial aspects of the programme are carried out according to legislation and regulation
QAR 55,000 to 60,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics, or Engineering, with a professional membership to RICS or similar
• At least 12 years’ experience managing the commercial aspects of large, complex engineering projects
• Strong relationship management skills with supply chains and internal clients
• Working knowledge of the FIDIC suite of contracts
• Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
To apply, please send your CV online.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.