JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Lead commercial role for the delivery of a Project(s).
- The position is responsible for the coordination of quantity surveying, preparation/reviewing of bills of quantities, rate analysis, and other commercial activities for the projects.
- The position is responsible for checking and certification payments to the contractors and consultants.
- Providing Quantity Surveying support related to the Project(s).
- Draft and/or review any contractual letters as required.
- Attend all project meetings or as required.
- Responsible for the preparation/reviewing of Bills of Quantities.
- Ensure contract document processing procedures are completed promptly.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing payments to contractors and consultants, variations and claims, and extensions of time.
- To continually seek and capture lessons learned from the cost, financial, and procurement processes and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools, and systems to improve the approach to delivering the projects.
- Liaison with the Contracts Department of the Client and Provide progress reports to the Senior Commercial Manager, as required.
- Track, manage and ensure commercial actions are completed promptly.
- Provide recommendations in processing requests for variations, addendums, extensions of time, claims, etc. all as per the Authority policies and procedures.
- Administer the Supervision Consultant contract.
- To engage claims specialists where required.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate experience.
- Experience in major infrastructure projects or programs. Preference is given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail experience.
- Contracts Management experience, including resolution of contractual matters.
- Experience in Contract types including FIDIC and Government forms.
- Experience in working with Design-Bid-Build, Design and Build Contracts, and other construction procurement delivery methods.
- Experience in contract formation and administration.
- Computer knowledge and experience related to the quantity surveying field.
- Ability to manage and administer pre and/or post-contract requirements.
- Management of medium-sized multidisciplinary teams.
- Management of service delivery based on a framework involving numerous stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Working knowledge of computer software applications related to Quantity Surveying and contract administration practice.
- University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Commercial Management, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Ashghal/Government processes and procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Valid Driving License.
- Professionally qualified in MRICS or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.