JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- This position shall manage engineering activities with a specific focus on the electrical engineering aspects for the allocated projects to ensure that targets are met and progress is delivered for Client managed Projects.
- Provide timely electrical engineering support to the Project.
- Draft, review and recommend any engineering-related documents as required.
- Review and ensure that all engineering principles including but not limited to electrical engineering are incorporated and applied.
- Identify, develop, and promote Programme and Project required electrical engineering policies.
- Provide progress reports as and when required.
- Attendance at relevant meetings.
- Provide support to the delivery managers where required on all Engineering matters with a particular focus on the electrical engineering details.
- Provide regular progress reports and elevate issues to the Authority.
- Manages the day-to-day operational & contract aspects of projects.
- Responsible for providing feedback regarding project progress, deviations, and changes and ensuring that the projects are delivered to Client Standards.
- Hand over the site (possession of site), Pre-contract meeting (kick-off), and ROs and approvals officially to the Consultant.
- Review and approve project control system that measures progress/performance and provides early warning of any deviations from the plan and then identifies corrective actions to be taken.
- Monitor and liaise with the traffic unit regarding traffic diversions to ensure they are safe and effective.
- Ensures that quality control, safety plan compliance with QCS & Client Specifications, and coordination with Quality Department.
- Reviews deliverables across the allocated projects to minimize exposure and risk.
- Manage scope and achieves the goals set for projects, and confront issues quickly.
- Ensure timely hand-over (delivery) of allocated projects
- Certification of progress claims submitted by the consultants and contractors.
- Prepare and submit reports to senior management on work progress status.
- Inspect construction sites on a periodical basis to ensure conformance to design specifications and adherence to quality.
- Interprets, explains, and enforces regulations and policies, and liaises with construction colleagues regarding any possible changes required to plans and problem resolution.
- Ensures that consultants and contractors produce regular reports on damages, accidents, delays, bad weather, or emergencies.
- Encourages contractors to observe applicable safety rules and regulations. Identifies corrective action and agrees with consultants and contractors.
- Monitor and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Lead team, project progress, technical and coordination meetings.
- Manage and review the performance of various consultants and contractors in terms of engineering.
- Review and recommend various designs throughout the lifetime of a project.
- Apply international design standards across various projects.
- Experience in technical reviews.
- Experienced and technically excellent in design coordination.
- Experience in technical design software.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure projects or programs. preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Experienced in the management of a team of professional staff.
- Desirable to have experience in working with and within government agencies or clients side generally at a senior level.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering procedures.
- A “rounded profile”, with experience in leading multidisciplinary engineering/design teams (the successful candidate will also be able to mobilize people and teams and by their leadership skills lead teams and secure successful deliverables).
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Engineering or Architecture or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Client & Government procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Valid Qatar Driving License.
- Evidence of suitable professional qualification EEng or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar/the Gulf region and internationally.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.