JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Senior Operations & Maintenance Manager – Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Senior Manager to develop and oversee the Operations & Maintenance team for their Metro and Light Rail network in Qatar.
• Providing strategic direction, planning, and managing development and implementation of policies, procedures and work instructions for aligning the department’s operations to the committed performance targets to ensure operational efficiency
• Providing strategic management, planning, and managing the development and implementation of policies and procedures for minimising the life cycle maintenance costs, maximising the availability of facilities and systems, providing for system safety, maximising reliability and providing adequate protection for employees, facilities, equipment, and parts
• Meeting KPIs according to targets agreed with the O&M Director
• Developing strategies to restore and recover services affected by operational incidents, bad weather, staff shortages, or equipment failures, and acting as a focal point within the Service Delivery department for incident management, and liaising with emergency services for assistance
• Leading and participating on behalf of the company in the development and updating of standard operating procedures and work instructions, due to changes in requirements, legislation, work processes and methods, etc.
• Reviewing any non-conformances and Safety Notices raised against the department, and assigning resources to close out within agreed timescales
• Ensuing that environmental impacts are properly managed and fully compliant with all applicable legislation and company policies
• Complying with the company’s CMS Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
QAR 48,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Facilities, Operational Management, or Railway-related subject
• A Membership to the Institute of Railway Operators would be highly desirable
• At least 12 years’ experience of general operations or maintenance management experience
• Demonstrable experience of working on an operational Light Rail or Metro Rail network in an engineering capacity, with a working knowledge of train scheduling, train utilisation, control centre operations, station operations, train operations and depot operations
• Thorough understanding of the rail systems basics, such as LOS driving, OCC, signalling systems, ATO, ATP, traction power supply distribution, platform screen doors, communication systems, etc.
• Excellent communication, decision-making, and analytical skills
To apply, please send your CV online.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.