JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the programme quality plan to ensure the delivery of works that meet the required standards and specifications.
- Application of quality systems and tools to validate and verify contractually required standards for project execution.
- Effective and timely reporting to the department/project managers.
- Ensures that Projects constructed are as per specification.
- Overall responsibility for Quality Assurance & Quality Control for all relevant activities within the Project Department.
- Manage and ensure that Quality principles are incorporated and applied.
- Provide Quality reports as and when required.
- Identity, develop, and promote programmes and Project required Quality policies.
- Advise, guide and support managers in the implementation of Quality practices both on-site and within the office environment. working closely with stakeholders to ensure that Quality procedures and policies are being applied on a Programme and Project level.
- Development of the QA/QC management plan and ensuring alignment with Project requirements.
- Provide technical support on all QA/QC issues and lead the team to develop QA/QC procedures and plans.
- Ensure implementation of quality standards and control.
- Implementing Quality Management System.
- Responsible for preparing and establishing the Quality system procedures in line with ISO 9001:2015 QMS Requirements.
- To ensure that quality objectives are identified, documented and made available to all work groups in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 QMS requirements.
- Attend the Monthly meeting chaired by the Department manager.
- Provide expert advice to HPD and other departments (as required) concerning the administration of projects regarding Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities and functions.
- To communicate with the head of sections to ensure that Quality Assurance and Quality Control information is produced and shared promptly.
- Manage the review of Monthly Quality reports and provide feedback and advice.
- Monitor Quality policies and procedures and report any areas where improvement is required.
- Identify, develop, and ensure that Programmes include all Project required Quality policies.
- Function as an internal focal point and subject matter expert for all Quality related matters identifying trends, vulnerabilities and liabilities that can be avoided by preventive techniques and procedures and recommending necessary corrective actions and measures.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience, 3 years of which at senior level in Quality, with experience in major infrastructure projects or programs. preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures, or rail-related experience.
- Experienced in interaction / working with Public Authorities regarding Quality issues.
- Knowledge of the Qatar construction market.
- Expertise with MS Office applications.
- Lead and manage a QA/QC team to successfully deliver the program to the required quality standards.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the Program Quality plan.
- Communication of the quality plan and its objectives to staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Support all consultants and contractors in the implementation of Quality plans and procedures and the monitoring of their performance on all Quality matters.
- Develop and implement audit schedules and plans, including unannounced visits.
- Develop statistical reports on Quality performance.
- Identify and communicate lessons learned for continual improvement.
- Coordinate and manage any 3rd party audits as required.
- Demonstrable history in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects.
- Well-versed in quality improvement techniques, resolving issues, carrying out root cause analysis, and non-conformance investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality procedures.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of Quality.
- Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders.
- Experienced in witnessing sampling and testing activities and in reviewing and approving test reports.
- Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized University in an appropriate field
- Certified QMS ISO 9001: 2015 Lead Auditor
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Client & Government procedures.
- Client-side experience
- Qatar Valid Driving Licence.
- Charted Membership or Certification from International Quality Bodies (CQI or ASQ)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.