JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- A lead commercial role for the delivery of a Project(s).
- The position is responsible for the coordination of all quantity surveying services including but not limited to the preparation/reviewing of bills of quantities, rate analysis, and any other commercial activities required for the projects.
- The position is responsible for the verification and certification of payments to the contractors and consultants.
- Providing Quantity Surveying support for allocated projects and as requested.
- Drafting and reviewing any contractual letters as required.
- Attend all project meetings or as required.
- Responsible for the preparation/reviewing of Bills of Quantities.
- Ensuring that the contract document processing procedures are completed promptly and correctly as per the Client guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing payments to contractors and consultants, variations to contracts, claims, and extensions of time requests.
- To continually seek and capture lessons learned from the cost, financial, and procurement processes and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools, and systems to improve the approach to project delivery.
- Liaison with the Contracts Department of the Client and Provide progress reports to the Senior Commercial Manager, as required.
- Track, manage and ensure all commercial responsibilities are completed on time.
- Provide recommendations in processing requests for variation, addendum, extensions of time, claims, etc. all as per the Authority policies and procedures.
- Administer the Supervision Consultant contract.
- To engage claims specialists where required.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate experience.
- Experience in major infrastructure projects or programs.
- Preference will be given for experience on roads, aviation, structures, or rail.
- Must have demonstrable Contracts Management experience, including the resolution of contractual matters.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of various Contract types including FIDIC and Government forms.
- Demonstrable experience in working with and managing Design-Bid-Build and Design and Build Contracts.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing and administering pre and post- contract commercial phases of projects.
- Management of medium-sized multidisciplinary teams.
- Management of service delivery based on a framework involving numerous stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Working knowledge of computer software applications related to Quantity Surveying and contract administration practice.
- University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Management, or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Ashghal/Government processes and procedures.
- Client-side experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and job-related software
- Professionally qualified in MRICS or equivalent is preferable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Arabic language skills.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
- Driving Licence
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.