JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Our Structural Design team currently seeks someone to be based in our Doha office to lead the the completion of high-quality structural designs and leading teams on projects across Qatar and the Gulf region.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Implement design or analysis tasks in accordance with local and international building code requirements.
* Preparation of calculations, design drawings and specifications.
* Review of structural drawings and calculations.
* Coordinate the structural design with other disciplines and lead architect.
* Manage/supervise the work of other engineers and BIM technicians
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hons) in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university.
* At least 10 year experience in buildings structural design, preferably having a municipal certificate.
* Member of/working towards associated professional body membership is preferred
* History of working with an international engineering consultancy is preferred.
* Strong design background in buildings structural design, in both steel and concrete.
* Experience in local Qatar and Middle East design codes is essential,
* Proficiency in structural analysis software such as Etabs, SAFE, Staad and SAP.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
* Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Accountability for assigned work.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.