JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love; care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo!
Scope and Objectives
This position is responsible for supervising the overall kitchen operations, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction through planning, organizing, directing & controlling the kitchen operation & administration. Ensuring all standards as set by the hotel & regulated by local authorities, as well as all hygiene, cost controls systems are followed & maintained. At the same time to work closely with F&B & other operational departments.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
- Food & Beverage
- Catering sales
- Talent & Culture
- Assign in detail, specific duties to all employees under your supervision & instruct them in their work, in order to manage the daily kitchen operation, quality control & food hygiene
- Ensuring creative menu planning, all recipes & product yields are accurately costed, reviewed regularly, as well as MEP is done according to recipes, portion control & waste minimization
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy & forecasts
- To work in close conjunction with the F&B manager and respective & teams, to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet
- Check the taste, temperature and visual appeal of food items prepared to ensure that the quality and portion are consistent and as per specifications set out
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints & reports always to senior
- Make recommendations to the Chef de Cuisine regarding succession planning
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Leading by example on all hygiene requirements (safe personal hygiene and sanitary food-handling practices, labelling and FIFO/FEFO practices)
- Prevent the use of contaminated products in any phase of food preparation and prevent colleagues who are ill or suffering from an infection from taking part in the preparation or handling of food
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals
- Ensure that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and Government legislation are adhered to
- Manage & provide leadership to all subordinate such as sous chef, cdp, commis as well as stewarding & ensure adherence to all company and hotel policies and procedures at all times
- Interview, select and recruit team members
- Project a positive and motivated attitude amongst all colleagues & conduct regular team meetings where active attendance is key
- Ensure positive & constructive feedback on work performance is given very regular in fair manner to encourage a positive & eager environment
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner, in accordance with company policies, don't hesitate to involve seniors in order for best level outcome & always keep following up on
- Identify strengths and weaknesses, take personal interest of each team mate & provide timely feedback on very regular base
- Ensure that weekly work schedules are administered in anticipation of business levels, operating budgets and service standards, furthermore that public holiday & annual leave planners are very proactive & regularly reviewed in order to avoid extensive accrual & all are file correctly as per standards set by hotel and loc
- Follow guidelines provided in colleague handbook
- Set example to others on personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by senior
- Acquire culinary knowledge and skills to grow and become chef de cuisine
- Interface the needs/requirements of other departments with the kitchen: chefs office, engineering, food & beverage, security, finance, talent & culture, stewarding and food safety hygiene
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Practice strict control of food portioning & wastage, ensuring gross food profitability
- Ability to multi task
- Delivery of consistent high quality products with no excuse
- Assess the risk in the kitchen operations
- Knowledgeable in new culinary techniques and trends
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic & local necessary food hygiene certificates
- Relevant culinary school or college diploma, preferred
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in similar culinary management position, preferably in similar operations style
- Strong working knowledge with computer, ms office, procurement & requisition module
- Knowledge of labour laws and visa requirements in Doha
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Ability to speak other languages & basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Service oriented with an eye for details, able to work well in stressful & high-pressure situations & take quick decisions
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team
- Good presentation and influencing skills
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, energetic, team player able to reflect on to his team
- Hungry to learn and apply in operation in order to grow
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.