JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
System Technician/ Administrator
To provide comprehensive system support to the end users in effective use of computer infrastructure (Servers, Operating Systems etc.) and proactively work to resolve the issues while insuring full adherence to company standard software, hardware, and processes.
System Technician with at least 8-10 years of experience in a similar role. Candidates will be responsible for system administration level support (L1 & L2). network troubleshooting, private cloud infrastructure, system, and data backup in a centralized manner. Must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field from a reputed institute.
Job Description/ Job Responsibilities
• Support the system engineer in maintaining the existing office systems, hardware & equipment and take initiative in solving and reporting major problems when required.
• Resolve any issues related to IT Systems at WOQOD & its subsidiaries received from the Helpdesk to ensure maintenance & troubleshooting activities are carried on time & as per requirements.
• Monitor the server/application log files and report on problems if any, to effect successful implementation of newly developed applications & ensure that the office IT systems/servers are running smoothly.
System Administration Support
• Assist in the setup and installation of all new servers and network component
• Assist in restoration of reported system infrastructure service
• Conduct an initial diagnosis in cases of complaint and provide a temporary / permanent solution to resolve the problem at the earliest.
• Coordinate with Systems Engineer to provide more apt solutions in case of major issues.
• Provide technical assistance to always ensure smooth running of IT operations and maintain uninterrupted flow of work.
• Conduct a regular preventive maintenance check on systems servers, network equipment, hardware and equipment using the corresponding testing methods to ensure that the general mechanical and physical features are in adequate operational condition and to report any need for further maintenance or replacement.
• Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
• Respond to emergency/issues including onsite response during and after normal business hours.
• Must have bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in System Administration Operations
• Certification on Windows and hardware platform
Job Specific Skills:
• Hands-on knowledge on server technologies (OS, active directory, email, etc.) Basic knowledge on network troubleshooting
• Basic knowledge on private cloud infrastructure
• Basic knowledge on system and data backup in a centralized manner.
• Up to date with latest developments & patches in System Support Software
• Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking Polite in terms of customer handling
• Good Communication Skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vistas Global is a diversified group of businesses with interests in technology (Vistas Global WLL, Momenta WLL), human capital, media (Vistas Media ME-FZ LLC), digital, food & beverage (Nushi, Haagen Dazs, Caliburger, Kamats), engineering (Vistas Security, Vistas Engineering) and real estate.
The group was founded by Suraj Thampi, an entrepreneur who pioneered the business process outsourcing concept in the Middle East in 1998. Having successfully built and sold three companies previously, Vistas is now his fourth venture in the region. In a short period of time, Vistas has emerged as one of the largest professional service companies in the region, employing over 1,300 people across 5 continents, 8 Offices and 5 Time Zones.