JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- To provide accurate and timely tax, financial and statistical information to management and relevant authorities.
- Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information data requests.
- Responds to Tax and compliance related inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting tax rules and regulations.
- Provides Tax advice by studying operational issues, applying tax regulations and practices, developing recommendations.
- Review, analyze, arrange the additional information requests from GTA regarding assessments.
- Communicate, liaise, coordinate with GTA for tax clearance, pending assessments.
- Prepare / provide additional information, objection letters, penalty waiver letters to GTA.
- Can represent the company case in front of GTA appeal committee on various matters on the group.
- Guides business units by understanding and interpreting tax regulation, policy and procedures for compliance.
- Coordinating with other team members for ensuring the accurate calculation and filing of all types of returns with GTA/relevant authorities.
- Interacting with external Tax auditors and Tax consultants for timely filling of all the returns and compliances.
- Manage Tax Audit/Tax Enquiry in collaboration with the GTA/third-party Service Providers/ Tax Auditors.
- Coordination within Finance team and all the subsidiaries of group.
- Provide and support business units in right implementation of applicable Local tax framework.
- To identify and advise business units with all the tax planning opportunities within the limits of Tax Managements.
- Review and initiate enhancement of process in system for automation of tax calculation and fulfilling required amendments.
- Determining system improvements and implementing change engaging all the stakeholder.
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
- Perform effective risk and control assessments pertaining to Taxation laws and regulation.
- General Management for all type of Taxation requirements across all the Group Companies.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Tax matters
- Graduate in Finance.
- Bilingual (Arabic & English)
- Experience with big4 preferred (preference will be given to candidates with Qatar market experience)
- Exposure of communication with GTA & understanding of the Dhareeba portal is must.
- Knowledge of Qatar Tax Law
- Candidate required to travel locally/ visit to GTA offices.
- Must have valid Qatar Driving License.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tadmur Holding W.L.L. is one of Qatar’s leading business conglomerates, owning and operating a number of multi-disciplinary subsidiaries across the country. Since inception in 1985, our companies have catered to various business sectors through a wide range of products, services and solutions.