JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As a Technical Manager, you should have the ability to meet targets, lead and manage design team on site, establish design work, monitoring program for site. Ensure timely and accurate design work on sites by coordinating, monitoring and managing design / supervision consultants through the discipline design team; Liaise with client to ensure complete satisfaction on design related aspects of the project on site.
• Coordinate site to ensure timely and accurate management of Design work for assigned client projects
• Establish design work delivery and monitoring program for site.
• Actively participate in design selection and contracting.
• Monitor work of design engineers to ensure design correctness and completeness as well as scope compliance.
• Maintain record of submittals and control in a timely manner the submittals/correspondence received.
• Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession requests submitted for client's approval.
• Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
• Coordinate with team for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of design aspects.
• Review and report to client all monthly reports submitted by including areas of concern and recommended plans of actions.
• Facilitate meetings with team and client to review design document and take decisions as required.
• Propose alternative materials/systems to improve the design operation and construction cost through value engineering workshops.
• Set up, lead and manage design team on site:
• Set up discipline design team onsite with the help of Project Manager and Senior Project Manager.
• Manage and control team to ensure appropriately monitoring of the work in construction stage.
• Ensure compliance with HSE and other policies by team members.
• Ensure compliance to processes for designers work review, deviation monitoring and analysis and remedial actions.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, filing of design documents and reporting to appropriate stakeholders.
• Coordinate closely with Project Manager and Site engineers to get all site design work reviewed and approved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work-related data for day-to-day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information in the organization on a real time basis.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
• \Manage client relationship throughout all stages of the project
• Maintain client liaison throughout the project to ensure client satisfaction with design work progress.
• Advise client on design issues and remedial actions in case of deviations.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices and apply the same for continuous improvements.
• Establish professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Meet clients to obtain feedback on design work on site and make appropriate improvements to the same.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools, templates and best practices in project management in relation to design engineering.
• Adapt and adopt good practices for continuous improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
• Minimum 10 Years’ relevant experience in ID Fit-Out based construction industry
• A professional individual with a cooperative attitude, even when under pressure.
• Experience in generating and reviewing detailed shop drawings and material submittals.
• Strong multitasking abilities, strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
• Confident and clear communication skills (Oral & Written)
• A flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills.
• Commercially minded and able to identify improvements
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
ABOUT THE COMPANY
1000 Walls Interiors & Decoration is an Interior Design and Fit-out solutions provider which specializes in delivery of high-end luxury spaces and customized interior solutions. Our team carries extensive experience in Hospitality, Retail and Commercial sector with a focus into design, delivery and installation. We offer complete turn-key project management and delivery, relying on our vast network of local and international suppliers as well as our in-house building teams, which specialize in all aspects of project cycle, from design, MEP and structural steel works to joinery, partitions, gypsum works, FF&E delivery & installation, and bespoke finishes. We engage and have executed projects for all sectors of interior design and fit-out field - government and semi-government, retail, commercial, entertainment, food & beverage, hospitality and private residences. We comply with the highest international standards in quality of work, health & safety and environmental protection, and are certified as Grade-A general contractor.
Specialties: Design, Interior Fit-out, Civil Works, MEP Works, Structural Steel and Metal works, Upholstery, Glass Works, Procurement and Project Management.