JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is a leading global engineering company that provides a wide range of service in architecture, interior design, master planning, landscape, urban design across Asia and the Middle East. They are currently looking for a Tender and Auctions Specialist (Senior Project Accountant) to be based in Doha, Qatar.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee and ensure accurate and timely financial management reporting of projects and related contracts within the organization, assessing and reporting the costs and budget forecasts by month and by projects.
• Ability to use professional knowledge and skills in Transactional & Financial Accounting Principles, including CWIP accounting, cost allocation, account reconciliations and controls, combined with a high degree of diligence to contribute proactively to continuous improvement of organization’s accounting, and reconciliation processes and standards.
• Supports and collaborates with commercial and technical teams to ensure projects are successfully executed within the agreed financial parameters in relation to the timely recording and reconciliation of incurred costs;
• Analyze the CWIP balances on all projects;
• Manage the annual budget preparation;
• Manage financial analysis work and completion of various assigned activities.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Quantity Surveying, or other relevant degree obtained from North America or West Europe
• Must have Professional Certification in a relevant field (RICs/MRICs and other similar)
• 15 years of post-graduation experience, 8 years in same position
• GCC experience preferred
• Proficient in preparation of Bills of Quality, interim claim evaluation and final account is compulsory
• Experience within the Utilities Sector, with a processing the payments, costing and others
• Experience of producing the expense reports, payment trackers
• Experience in undertaking a wide range of investment activities
• Ability to understand and manage investment process
• Ability to deliver and support changes and work in a team
• Well-versed in MS Office Packages (e.g. Excel)
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing) in English preferred and
• Arabic will be an advantage
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering