JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Stantec is seeking a talented and motivated intern who has just graduated. The intern will work as part of the Middle East research team.
• Develop a business case template and supporting assessment criteria that will be used for assessing and approving ITS Pilot Projects and Proof of Concept trials for inclusion in the ITS Innovation Programme
• Provide advice as requested to the Ashghal team that is developing the “2023-2024 Innovation Programme and the associated budget estimates”
• Define a single generic process and set of criteria for assessing the success of projects included in the ITS Innovations Programme and the generic process for scaling up a pilot project into full implementation
• Prepare a list of industry journals, conferences, and research & innovation bodies that align with the objectives of the ITS Innovations Programme
• Provide advice as requested to the Ashghal team as they prepare “the business case for a ROMD innovation, test and training lab
• Prepare recommendations for Artificial Intelligence pilots that could improve the incident and congestion detection of the road network and improve the accuracy of origin – destination data along key corridors.
• Must be a fresh graduate and located in Qatar.
• Must be knowledgeable on Traffic/ITS/Technology research
• Good communication and writing skills
• Good analytical skills
• Willingness to learn and contribute.
• Ability to work on tasks given independently
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.