JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The job holder of this position is responsible for the recording of supplier invoices and reconciliation of supplier statements in line with related policies and procedures. The job holder is also responsible for financial and KPI reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
• Follow all relevant accounting policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Implement activities under close supervision.
• Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner Accounts Payable.
• Check the completeness of all documentation provided by document controller/accounting desk control.
• Prepare reconciliation for assigned suppliers, freight forwarders, customs, with the required supporting documentation and submit to Senior/Chief Accountant.
• Adhere to the reconciliation schedule for all assigned suppliers or companies as the case may be.
• Escalate all reconciling items as per the escalation matrix.
• Responsible for providing all supporting documentation required for processing any payment for assigned supplier.
• Assume responsibility for insurance claims for lost and damaged goods for assigned suppliers.
• Responsible for allocation of all prepayments made to assigned suppliers.
• Responsible for working on AP aging particularly items/suppliers which are overdue.
• Participate in month-end and book closure procedures & provide assigned reports to senior/chief accountant.
• Participate and support the implementation and maintenance of the Oracle ERP.
• Provide assistance in ensuring the work and deadlines of fellow team members is completed during periods of leave as directed by the Senior & Chief Accountant - Non-Allied Goods P2P.
• Prepare/update travel expense forms.
• Verify tourney, actual trip, advance provided and all supporting documents with appropriate approvals.
• Prepare the trip reimbursement summary and input all travel expenses in EBS - Oracle
• Assist in corporate credit cards management in coordination with Financial Analysts
• Update employees accounts for all expenses every month and forward employees statement to payroll team.
• Circulate email of employees who are leaving to all accountants and update the statement for any deductions and forwards it to payroll team.
• Provide monthly summary of unliquidated employee trip advances to reporting accountant for accruals.
• Provide employee GL details, after monthly closing, to the reporting accountant to be included in their monthly schedule.
• Coordinate with MDM team for the creation of new employee segments in EBS
• Request IT to create new employee as supplier in EBS and check if this should be transferred to AP Accountant.
• Receive and process HR requests for advances, and forward for approval.
• Reconcile advances and expenses booked on monthly basis.
What we can offer you
• With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality.
• We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
• Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.