JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Advanced Services Engineering (ASE) organization and its Advanced Security team (AST) resides within ACS
Global Delivery and its mission is to help customers to cover security thread, according to their Security Program and
focusing on the enhancement their IT security posture whilst Increasing Oracle's Value Potential in the Security
You will help create a holistic value: driving the delivery of Products, Security and Compliance offerings tailored to the
customers' needs that can be leveraged in the On-premises, Hybrid cloud and Cloud environment. You will do this by:
- Delivery of a customer specific ACS Service Strategy as defined in workshops.
- Supporting the ACS Pre-Sales team in leveraging the customer specific ACS Service Strategy into Security
- Working closely with customers, either from a technical and non-technical standpoint, to deliver a solution
that fulfils or exceeds their requirements.
- As Cloud Security Architect aims to become the trusted advisor in the engagement, supporting all facets of
the ACS service. And be recognized as Security Domain SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Act as the security authority and engage with the various stakeholders involved in complex projects including
the Customer, other Oracle Lines of Business (LoBs), Cloud Solution Architects, 3rd party integrators, Sales
- Providing ACS Product Management team with inputs from the field / customer interactions that can be used
to further evolve the Oracle Service Portfolio such that it is in alignment with customer needs and
- Keeping up to date with current security trends and threats to be able to effectively articulate the same.
Our goal is for every customer to gain ever-more value from their Oracle Solutions by helping them make well
informed decisions regarding the implementation, management and use of Oracle technologies.
- Proactively working with ACS customers to ensure their successful deployment of the Oracle Security products.
- Forming effective professional relationships with Oracle Security Account Managers (SAM), Oracle Product
Support and customer staff, at all levels, to ensure customer satisfaction with Oracle's products and support
- Support the SAM in deploying the required expertise to the customer's IT Security improvement plan.
- Conduct Security assessment.
- Proactively alerting customers to product developments and security threat issues
- Knowledge Transfer: Prepare and present training programs (and technical workshop), designed to educate
Support Services employees and customers on security practices topics.
- Resolve high level, complex or previously unknown issues, requiring expert technical knowledge and business
- Researching and responding to Security technical enquiries
- Dedicated technical contact with a deep knowledge of the customer's technical requirements and environments.
- Become a trusted advisor for our ACS customers.
- Responsible for delivering a comprehensive portfolio of cyber security services and supporting ACS Security
team with the strategic direction for the deployment of his/her practice.
Advanced Support Engineer - Oracle Cloud Security Architect
- Be a Security Practices SME (Subject Matter Expert) and guide a team of professionals adopting those practices,
which may include delivery engineers (ASE) with roles such as: security architects, security domain experts and
specialized testing, monitoring, and maintenance personnel.
- Focus on communication, spread, teach, and overview delivery in his/her practices.
- Build relationships with end clients, translate their business problems into practical solutions, and drive the growth
of the practice through account focus and service differentiation.
- Support Security pillar leaders to develop long term vision, technology road map, and annual goals for the
Cyber Security Practice.
- Contribute to the development of Oracle intellectual property, including methodologies, solutions, accelerators,
and tools (SDK) to enable the practice to be recognized as a leader in the field of cyber security.
- Advance thought methodology in cyber security by being a part of a committee of cyber security technology
experts and contribute as a subject matter expert on key projects/use case and strategy/architecture issues.
- Regularly meet with Cyber Security technology experts and representatives of key industry sectors (insurance,
telco, financial services ...) to keep abreast of current threats, information, and prevention techniques
- Hands-on experience with the Oracle Security products demonstrating expertise in at least one or several of the
- Information security management (Cybersecurity, Risk Management),
- Identity and access management (SSO, MFA, IGA, IAM, IDCS, OAG ...)
- privacy and data protection (DB security, DB-Vault, Audit Vault, TDE, OKV, Data Safe, Data Masking ...)
- application security (CASB, OCI Identity, Compliance ...)
- Cloud Security services (WAF, IDCS, Cloud Guard, Security Zone, Bastion, Certificates, Tenant isolation)
- Security enterprise architecture (ExaCC, ExaCS, Exadata, System & Operating system)
- and threat & vulnerability management.
- Hands-on experience of any of the following Cloud technologies will be a plus: Oracle OCI, Oracle ADB,
Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, IaaS, PaaS, and Hybrid Cloud Solution.
- Understanding of security-relevant industry standards and practices, such as ISO 2700x series, PCI DSS, NIST,
- Experience in planning and implementing risk mitigation strategies relating to: data loss prevention, security
incident and event management, identity and access management, role-based management, strong
authentication, encryption, source code analysis, penetration testing, application and system hardening, firewall
management and logical network segmentation.
- Proven experience in supporting Sales with delivery lifecycle of security engagements, right from the pre-sales
stage starting with the identification of opportunities and initial scoping through to the final delivery and sign-off.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% - locally and internationally.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM and CSSP is preferred.
- Good knowledge of best practices and tools like: Malware Analysis, Memory Analysis, Network Traffic Collection
and Analysis ... is a plus that is welcome depending on contract engagement.
- Technical aptitude: You have an interest, understanding and curiosity in cloud technology concepts such as
DevOps, Security and Oracle Cloud infrastructure
- Fluency in local language and English is a must, and having multiple additional languages practices is an
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Communication skills: You have an ability to collaborate and present concepts clearly.
- Innovation: You're open to new ideas and challenges
- Agility: You're a pro at embracing change. Your self-confidence helps you learn and adapt wherever you go.
- Drive: You have a "roll-up-the-sleeves" and "get the job done" attitude.
- Resilient and capable of working effectively under pressure.
- Strong organization, negotiation, and planning skills
- High energy: You're optimistic, always eager to interact and influence people.
- Teamwork: You're a fantastic team player who also loves smashing individual goals.
- Critical thinking: You're a natural strategist who can analyse situations, identify issues, and solve problems
- Love and passion for customer success.
- University Degree or comparable education/professional experience
- Perennial work experience in Support, Consulting, Education or Pre-Sales would be ideal.
- Excellent experience as Database, Middleware and/or System Administrator
- Proven expertise in Cloud Security Domain as Architect and Solution Design.
- Good familiarity with Unix, Linux and Windows environments and shell scripting
- Good knowledge about IT Digital Transformation and Cloud emergent technologies.
- At least 7-10 years' experience in working with Oracle products and Platform solution.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.