JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Oracle Advanced Customer Services (ACS)
In Advanced Customer Services customer success is our North Star, when organizations choose to partner with us, we work with them across their journey.
Businesses who have turned to Oracle for cloud and application solutions trust Oracle Advanced Customer Services to help them get the most out of their investment. For more than 20 years, Oracle Advanced Customer Services has helped more than 6,000 companies across 100 countries gain the speed, flexibility, and security features that they require. We work side by side with customers to understand their unique business goals and requirements-helping them maximize their investment, minimize risk, and achieve more.
Who are we?
ACS Advanced Service Engineering (ASE) organization is a global, innovative, open-minded and diverse team of highly skilled technical engineers. The ASE establishes long-term trusted relationships with Oracle's key customers helping them to maximize their Oracle Cloud and on-premise investment, innovate faster, and accelerate their business success with solutions for all Oracle Cloud, multi-cloud and on-premise environments.
We are looking for a Principal APPS Database Administrator who will be responsible of providing consultancy, working with customers, translating ideas and concepts into implementable, supportable designs, also have experience in providing technical solutions aligned with Oracle standards. You will also have experience in maintaining and supporting customers' eBusiness Suite applications and Fusion SAAS, either on-site or remotely, implementing and running PaaS solutions such as Oracle Integration Cloud/SOA and integration to Oracle SaaS products, Develops, integrates and implements applications components including front-end development, internal database integration and OTBI Reports. Plays a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of Oracle Cloud applications
As a Principal APPS Database Administrator in Oracle ACS you will
- Ability to be a technical team leader and coach team members in relevant skills. Finding ways to recognize the contributions of others in the team.
- Assess and analyze customers business needs to make sure that Oracle solutions meets the customer's objectives.
- Assist customers in their overall Journey to Cloud.
- Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately using best practices.
- Be the Oracle Solution Delivery authority to ensure that customers make informed decisions regarding scope to achieve beneficial solutions cost effectiveness, quality and reusability.
- Providing technical guidance on Oracle cloud and/or on-premise solutions to customer and other Oracle team members to underpin successful delivery.
- Support solutions around multi-cloud and hybrid cloud setups.
- Ensure successful handover from Implementation toward operations making sure the implemented solution will fit the customer requirements.
- Maintain the Oracle Solution to make sure the customer demands needs will be met. Platforms for Oracle solutions are on premise, cloud or hybrid running various workloads (application, middleware, database and infrastructure).
- Working closely with the Technical Account Manager to ensure that the individual work streams are technically well managed.
- Be the main contact for new business opportunities by supporting our presales team. Identifies and promotes opportunities for sales of Oracle products and services to support business growth.
- Actively lead and contribute to strategic programs and initiatives.
Job Requirements, Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Database Administration activities such as installation, DB creation, sizing, backup& Recovery, performance tuning& capacity planning
- Must have hands on experience in multi-node cloning of R12.2 applications using Rapid clone, Thorough knowledge on ADOP cycle, FS Clone and EBR concepts
- Hands-on operational expertise as an Oracle Apps DBA, with technology including RAC, SSO, Dataguard, High Availability and Backup/Recovery Expertise with Oracle EBS 11i & R12 12.2 is a must
- Must be able to troubleshoot and tune WebLogic. Must have implementation knowledge of DMZ setups Expertise in performance tuning across the entire stack
- Experience in Migrating EBS Environments from EBS to OCI, Administering environments over OCI environments
- Preferred Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware, SSO, SOA/BPEL and ADF (integration of EBS with OSSO/OID and OAM/OID)
- TOAD,SQLPLUS,SSH,PUTTY,WINSCP,OEM,SQLDeveloper,Shellscripting,SQL,PLSQL, DATAPUMP,EXP/IMP
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple environments (DEV, TEST, QA, PRD, DR etc.,) effectively and account for differences in each environment.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak Arabic & English
- You may be required to deliver services both remotely or onsite depending on business requirements.
- You have experience acting as a specialist, developer or similar with cloud solution design, development and delivery.
- You have excellent analytical, problem solving, strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the customer organization.
- You are an undergraduate or higher level degree(s) holder or having an equivalent work experience will be considered too.
- You have a positive, resilient and creative attitude with an open and agile mind set in front of challenging situations.
- Driven to take Innovative proposals and make them mature solutions.
- You have the ability to break down complex problems/issues to determine suitability and make appropriate assessments and recommendations.
- You are keen to learn new cloud technologies using the training opportunities and lab resources in Oracle.
We believe in a development-focused culture, where employees have opportunities to learn, grow and find purpose.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.