JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for an Architectural Director - Buildings to join a major project in NEOM, Saudi Arabia. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the engineering aspects of building construction and infrastructure projects. You will provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and project management expertise to ensure successful project delivery. Your role will involve coordinating with cross-functional teams, managing engineering resources, and ensuring adherence to quality, safety, and regulatory standards.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineering team throughout the project lifecycle.
* Develop and implement engineering strategies, methodologies, and best practices to ensure effective project execution.
* Establish project objectives, deliverables, and performance metrics in alignment with client requirements and project goals.
* Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
* Collaborate with architects, designers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless coordination of engineering activities.
* Review architectural and structural designs, offering insights and recommendations to optimize constructability, efficiency, and safety.
* Coordinate with project managers and other teams to monitor project progress, resolve issues, and mitigate risks.
* Facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing among cross-functional teams.
* Oversee the development and review of engineering design plans, specifications, and calculations.
* Ensure compliance with building codes, regulations, and industry standards in all engineering aspects of the projects.
* Conduct engineering analyses, feasibility studies, and risk assessments to identify potential issues and propose appropriate solutions.
* Monitor and evaluate the performance and quality of engineering designs and deliverables.
* Manage and allocate engineering resources, including personnel, equipment, and software tools, to support project requirements.
* Identify resource needs, conduct resource planning, and collaborate with HR to recruit and train engineering staff as necessary.
* Foster a positive work environment, promote teamwork, and provide mentorship and professional development opportunities to the engineering team.
* Establish and enforce quality assurance processes and procedures to ensure engineering deliverables meet project requirements and industry standards.
* Conduct regular reviews and audits of engineering designs and documentation to identify and address any deviations or non-compliance.
* Stay updated on relevant building codes, regulations, and industry trends, and ensure compliance throughout the project lifecycle.
* Implement and enforce safety protocols and standards to protect personnel and assets during the construction phase.
* Engage with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements, address concerns, and manage expectations.
* Provide regular project updates to stakeholders, highlighting engineering milestones, progress, and any potential impacts or risks.
* Foster strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, seeking opportunities for repeat business and client satisfaction.
* Identify opportunities for process improvements, technological advancements, and innovation in engineering practices.
* Stay updated on emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in the building construction industry.
* Foster a culture of continuous learning, professional development, and knowledge sharing within the engineering team
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Architecture, Structural, etc.) or related disciplines
* Minimum 25 years of relevant experience
* Previous experience working for Project Management Consultants
* Extensive experience in engineering and project management within the building construction industry.
* Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, and industry standards.
* Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated experience in managing and leading engineering teams.
* Proven track record of successful project delivery, including budget and schedule management.
* Sound understanding of construction methodologies and processes
What's in it for you?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.