JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the guests and residents, and to be committed to service excellence
- To interact with Front office, Housekeeping and F&B departments to ensure hotel guests receives high level of Preventive Maintenance Services
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning and organising:
- Coordinating purchasing for the Engineering departments with the finance team as per the hotel procedures
- Manage sufficient par level stock of spare parts and ensures all incoming and outgoing items are registered.
- Implements all necessary work procedures for preventive maintenance, initiate respective scheduled procedures and monitors carrying out of work as well as recording the results within appropriate filing system
- Prioritises department workload and efficiently repairs breakdowns.
- Plan and execute the annual Preventative Maintenance program for the hotel.
- Plan training programs in the Engineering division in conjunction with the Director of HR & the L & D Manager.
- Initiates Fire Fighting Training in co-ordination with the Director of Security on a regular basis for all employees
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve owner/guest satisfaction levels as well as employee productivity and satisfaction.
- To be familiar with all related company documentation, especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for Engineering.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To oversee all technical installations on hotel plant, Sewage system, Fresh water, Emergency Generator, Air Condition System, Technical building Services, Kitchen equipment, Cooling systems, Swimming pools, hotel lighting, in-house Music & TV system and Paging system.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed by self and team
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Provides solutions for emergency situations and problems of a larger nature in consultation with the Director of Engineering.
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate colleague training activities
- Plan and execute regular technical skills training for the team
- Takes the responsibility for all work executed, by employees or external contractors on the building, plants or technical installations to ensure the quality of craftsmanship of all work carried out by team and contractors meets the Mövenpick standards.
- Fully investigates and keeps the Director of Engineering informed, of any internal disputes or guest complaints.
- Plan and allocate duties for all Engineering Staff in line with the operational requirements
- Supervise the completion departmental works to ensure they are completed according to MH&R standards.
- To lead daily Engineering briefings and monthly employee meetings
- Manage any necessary modifications and improvements of the plant room equipment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To be fully proficient in the DynaWin system to maximize its use to streamline and update information
- Approve invoices for payment when the execution of the work is done as preliminarily agreed and to full satisfaction.
- Design and implement a monthly report of works carried out, machines maintained, special events, DynaWin report, consumption of energy and water, to be presented to the Director of Engineering & the General Manager.
- Files and monitors all maintenance contracts and consults / advises the Director of Engineering & General Manager as needed.
- Is aware of all agreements/laws with local authorities, insurance companies, external firms, contractors and suppliers, to control their work and invoices.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.