JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Asst. Director of Finance
We are looking for an Asst. Director of Finance to be an effective member in Pullman Zamzam Makkah and to be a great assist to the Finance department and help in the development of the hotel.
Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mindset through the values of open mindedness, forward thinking and drive.
What is in it for you:
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To represent the Finance Department on the hotel's Executive Committee in absence of the Director of Finance.
- To coordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management/Resource allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the department based on the principles of multi-skilling and multi-tasking.
- To implement a flexible ambassador base, with the right mix full time ambassadors.
- To allocate ambassadors over the department based on established business levels for that day.
- To support ambassador needs in other departments based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To perform all duties as designated by the Director of Finance and be able to carry out the functions of the department during the absence of Director of Finance.
- To ensure that relevant supporting documents of daily transactions are completed and have been verified for the Director of Finance and General Manager's review and signature.
- To assist the Director of Finance in implementing and streamlining the internal control procedures (FOCUS Audit) covering all activities of the hotel.
- To assist the Director of Finance in all stages leading to the preparation of all monthly financial reports and analysis.
- To conduct spot checks of General Cashier fund and other house floats (at least once on General Cashier and 10% of the other house funds in a month) and to report differences to the Director of Finance.
- To assist in the preparation of special statistical reports which may be required by local management, government authorities and Regional Office.
- To assist the Director of Finance in compiling departmental budgets, forecast and business plan.
- To assist the Heads of the Departments in decision-making by providing relevant financial data.
- To be fully acquainted with the Sofitel accounting system, it's Policies and Procedures and those of the hotel.
- To ensure that each section of the Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximizing utilization of Technology.
- To supervise the Income Auditor in auditing the operation of the hotel's revenue generating departments.
- To assist the Director of Finance in ensuring that all revenue generating departments on their operating procedures so as to achieve effective internal control to ensure all the hotel's revenue is being recognized and recorded.
- To assist the Director of Finance in liaising with Materials Management Section on the operating procedures so as to achieve effective internal control to minimize costs.
- To supervise the Accounts Payable in all task in the month end closing and to check the financial reports before forwarding for review by the Director of Finance.
- To supervise the Credit Manager in ensuring that all precautionary measures have been implemented and all the outstanding debts are collected on a timely basis to minimize bad debts as far as possible.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and result oriented.
- To set guidelines and deadline for each ambassador's monthly work in order to ensure timely financial reporting.
- To ensure that an organized, up-to-date filing system is maintained for all pertinent financial records.
- To organize the Finance office in conjunction with the Director of Finance with:
- 1) Fair distribution of workload among all the ambassadors
- 2) Schedule flexible job functions through job rotation.
- Ambassadors who fully understand and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations as well as to the policies relating to fire, safety and health.
- To ensure smooth operation of the Finance Control Sections during the absence of Director of Finance.
- To identify and recruit qualified Finance ambassadors able to work within the decentralized Management Philosophy, following financial, operational and Administrative Philosophies outlined above and who understand and support ACCOR Philosophy of Multi-Skiling and Multi-Tasking.
- To ensure that each Finance Supervisor plans and implements effective training programs for their ambassadors with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- To ensure that each Head of the Department maximizes productivity and morale with their respective departments and consistently maintain discipline following hotel Policies & Procedures and local legislation.
- To develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with Departmental Trainers monthly.
- To prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with workload and priorities for the approval by the Departmental of Finance.
- To conduct yearly performance appraisal and give ambassadors regular feedback on their performance.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- To control out quarterly, semi-annual, annual inventory of operating equipment.
Your experience and skills include:
- At least 2 years of experience in the same roll
- Good background in the field of hospitality
- Holding SOCPA certificate
- Excellent leadership, communication and training skills
- Strong attention to detail, Highly responsible, organized & reliable
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Your team and working environment:
Pullman ZamZam Makkah stands as a distinctive landmark in Makkah, located in the spectacular Abraj Al Bait complex, directly adjoining Masjid Al Haram and the holy Kaaba in the very heart of Makkah facing King Abdulaziz gate. This masterpiece offers the finest hospitality in Makkah, having 1315 elegantly appointed rooms and suites with extravagant amenities, two contemporary dining options and five-star-deluxe services filled with spirituality while enjoying direct views over the holy Kaaba.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inAssistant Director Jobs in Dubai
Assistant Director Jobs in Riyadh
Assistant Director Jobs in Jeddah