JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is an innovative well-established company in the coffee sector. Based in Dubai they have a thriving business which has recently entered into a substantial joint venture to build and manage a large coffee roasting facility in Saudi Arabia that roasts around 200 tons of beans every month
They are now looking for an Assistant Production Manager for the facility, with the person being based most of the time in Saudi but with frequent stays at the HQ in Dubai throughout the year.
Coffee roasting expertise would be an advantage but it is not essential. The client is looking for an experienced production guy who can tick the following boxes:
• Best Practice Production. This is the number one responsibility to ensure the quality of the end product as well as avoiding any potential product recalls.
• Excellent communication skills. The Assistant Production Manager will need to communicate effectively with the production team, the finance team, the sales and business development teams but then also have the credibility and presence to work with the joint venture senior partners.
• Quality Management. The successful candidate will show a thorough understanding of all quality, health and safety procedures and must have demonstrated knowledge of the very latest production rules and regulations. This is a cutting-edge facility and must be absolutely up to date with all procedures.
• Ensure Production Costs are Under Control. The Assistant Production Manager must understand cost and management accounting as it refers to a production facility as they will need to speak knowledgeably with the finance team.
• Supply Chain Management. This is a crucial part of the role, to monitor the stock levels of raw beans and to make sure there is never a shortage.
• Deadline management. It is crucial that the production facility runs smoothly, efficiently and meets all deadlines. That is a major part of this role’s responsibility.
AED 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Accommodation and food provided when on site in Saudi
• A degree in mechanical engineering or production management
• At least 3 years’ experience working in the production facility of a blue chip multi national company such as Lipton, P&G, Nestle, Mars etc
• Coffee roasting experience is not necessary but it is vital to have first class experience of production, manufacturing and finance. Full training on coffee roasting can be given to the right candidate
• A thorough understanding of production best practice is crucial for this role.
• Strong attention to detail is a must
• Excellent communications skills at all levels
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.