JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Act as a point of liaison for all matters related to operational project among the customer operations team, Transporter and different stake holders/
• Manage the day-to-day and ensure alignment in projects implementation.
• Monitor daily status of and maintain communication with client, transporters and other stake holders.
• Implement exception processes to ensure timely arrival of inbound and outbound materials in yard.
• Managing off dock yard for empty receiving and releasing to the Shipper
• Manging the inventory and assigning tasks to the team for container yard operations.
• Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
• Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation
• Working in collaboration with the Project Implementation Manager preparing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams, activities and timelines.
• Managing delivery of the project according to the plan.
• Identifying and mitigating potential risks through risk assessment sessions performed in collaboration with Operations and HSSE .
• Managing the relationship and communication with HSSE, ensuring all projects are always delivered in accordance with the terminal’s safety standards.
• Manage the team and third party labors , making working schedule.
• Managing Machinery, Forklifts and other assets and preparing service schedule and maintenance program with Vendors.
• Track company assets and be able to communicate needs to M&R team as well as management.
• Managing the security at site and ensuring the security staff working schedule.
• Monitor days of supply levels via regular container inventories and make needed process adjustments to ensure stable supply in coordination with the client.
• Perform root cause analysis activities and host meetings with process partners to resolve issues that arise during daily operations.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations and execution of plan working with team of dispatchers and schedulers.
• Set priorities for the dispatchers throughout the day.
• Work closely with critical departments (e.g., Safety, Driver Recruitment, Customer Service, Sales) to best serve our drivers (independent contractor and employee) and internal and external customers.
• Participate in the implementation of new Key Account/Contract business.
• Promote a culture of Operational Excellence focused on safety and quality.
• Drive employee engagement within the team to support mission, vision, and values of the company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, international trade or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Managerial positions
• The position requires a professional knowledge in Terminal or Off dock yard operations
• Business & commercial acumen and excellent stakeholder management skills are also essential.
• Analytical skills are necessary in order to correctly identify risks and solve any problems which may arise throughout the project.
• Good time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
• Ability to perform in a cross-functional team.
• Self-starter mindset, able to explore / research solutions independently.
• 5 years of prior work experience within logistics , transportation and Warehouse industry, ideally in a material control, transportation management, or logistics planning role.
• A modern, team-oriented working environment with many opportunities for personal development and further training on the job.
• Due to the worldwide presence of our customers, you have the chance to gain knowledge and experience in international projects.
• 2 Years in managerial role of Logistics & Transportation, will be an added advantage if experienced in handling Petrochemical products
• Management experience
• Must be computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must be dependable and able to work independently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in the year 1975, by Mr. Ibrahim Sharaf & Mr. Sharafuddin Sharaf, Sharaf Shipping Agency (SSA), has grown into the largest shipping house in the Middle East region. Part of a diversified conglomerate with Ship Agency as its core activity, SSA has emerged as a one stop for quality shipping, marine and logistics services. Our services have evolved with time and today besides Ship Agency Service, we have ventured into Hub Services, Offshore supply Services, Freight Forwarding, Project Cargo Handling, Chartering and Broking, Logistics & Warehousing Services.