JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are seeking a Associate Director, Design (Real Estate) Will Plan, coordinate all of the design-related matters on construction projects, helping to keep work running smoothly and on time are specialist project managers who oversee design-related matters on construction projects. They’re employed by construction contractors (as opposed to the initial design consultants or architects) and help ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams involved in the project work together smoothly and that everything is delivered on time and within budget.
They typically start work on a project before construction begins and continue until construction is complete, with their tasks changing as the project progresses.
• Managing the design processes involved in a construction project, including ensuring that drawings are ready on time, reviewing designs and making them available to the appropriate people
• Liaising with clients on design-related matters
• Establishing and maintaining effective methods of communication between the teams involved in design work throughout the project
• Maintaining records and documents throughout the project
• Assessing, mitigating and managing risks connected with design
• Ensuring designs and design work meets health and safety legislation, sustainable building standards (such as BREEAM – the Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method) and industry codes of practice
• Managing the design team
• Chairing design meetings, writing reports and giving presentations.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in architecture, construction management, construction project management, design management or architectural technology.
• Excellent design and technical skills, including the ability to use design software
• Problem solving skills and creative thinking
• Project management skills
• The drive to continue to learn throughout your career, including topics such as legislation and sustainability guidelines
• Attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Organization and time management
• Commercial awareness
• Communication skills
• Team-working, relationship-building and influencing skills
• Client management skills
• Leadership skills and decisiveness
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Talent Search Group is a staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to providing viable talent in various professions. Our primary mission is to carefully determine client staffing inefficiencies and offer hiring solutions that directly correlate to long term goals.
Talent Search Group was founded on core values such as Dependability, Integrity, and Timeliness. We take pride in the delivery of quality talent acquisition solutions to our clients. Our process is individualized. We assess both our clients and prospective candidates in order to ensure compatibility. We focus on cultivating professional relationships, networking, and attention to detail, which has greatly contributed to our success.
Our strategy is simply to solve the problem of our clients- and while that may sound like a gross oversimplification, the truth is setting that goal from the start has guided us on the path to delivering just that. The professions we currently represent are Executive Search, Management Consulting And Risk Advisory sector, Banking & Financial Services , Finance & Accounting, IT and Telecom, Aviation and Hospitality, Marketing, Retail and Sales, Education And Training Industry, FMCG / Manufacturing Industry, Legal, Mining, Oil And Gas Industry, Engineering & Manufacturing, Insurance, Procurement & Supply Chain, Construction, Real Estate, Infrastructure Industry and Human Resources.