JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is witnessing vast investment in its social infrastructure as it strives to meet His Majesty King Salman's vision to constantly raise living standards. Atkins is positioned to play an important role, providing technical solutions to many of the challenges presented by this vital development programme.
As a result, we are currently looking for an Associate Director - Transport Planner to join our team in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This position is within our Middle East Transport Planning business which covers all aspects of transport planning from strategic transport planning, appraisal and policy through to development impact assessment and traffic engineering.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Leader to strengthen our team, who will welcome the challenge of working on a diverse range of projects to achieve excellence in our transport planning and policy service to clients. The role will require coordinated working with other parts of the Atkins Middle East business.
- Degree in Transport Planning or equivalent. A further specialist (such as a MEng or master's degree) would be an advantage.
- 15 years post-graduate experience in transport planning.
- Degree in transport related subject, numeric subject or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven track record in the delivery of strategic transport planning, transport modelling, development planning studies, parking planning and design studies and traffic planning analysis/studies to a high standard
- Possess working knowledge of appropriate analytical and design aids (computer software) with respect to reliability and accuracy of data input and analysis
- Proven track record of managing teams, leading client account, managing proposals and project control.
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills
- Confident and professional manner and communication style, and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office and specialist software)
- Arabic speaker desirable but not essential
- Experience of major Master Planning projects as well as a Traffic Impact Studies in Saudi Arabia and regional is desirable.
- Previous experience in the region highly desirable.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
The successful candidate would be expected to lead and support a range of transport planning studies both on their own and for other staff working within a team, reporting to a team leader and project managers. In several studies, the successful candidate is expected to lead studies as a project manager or project director. You will also be expected to manage and perform the following duties:
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings, programmes for specific jobs
- Check drawings, calculations or output from analytical programs
- Manage a team of Transport Planners, recruitment and growth of a team
- Development Program Lead responsible for the development of graduates and junior staff members
- Lead client accounts, projects and proposal preparation
- Provide information for reports and participate in particular investigations as required
- Evaluate transport planning issues and problems, consulting with senior staff as necessary
- Execute transport analysis using appropriate design aids (for example transport assignment software, appraisal tools, Microsoft Office packages) with particular attention to accuracy and reliability to data input and analysis
- Adherence to Atkins Quality Manual and Procedures
- Ensure tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets
- Liaise with other disciplines and clients as required on technical aspects
- Keep up-to-date with current methods and the latest research in transport planning
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Get job alerts
Ã— Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Keep up to date with the latest industry news in your market.
Find out what it's really like to work for one of our brands. Be inspired by our career stories and start your career with us.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).