JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East's Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
Business Unit Overview
Middle East Assurance Center of Excellence is the PwC ME's assurance alternative delivery setup Since launching in 2013, the delivery center has been providing a broad range of services to the Assurance business enabling growth and value creation by driving new ways of working to deliver quality and operational efficiency.
Our center of excellence was established to help the business meet unique resource and service delivery needs, become more competitive in the market and to enhance our value proposition - to our clients and our people.
Our rapidly evolving delivery center network across the Middle East (Jordan,Saudi Arabia,Lebanon and Egypt) incubates expertise to help unlock new opportunities through collaboration, automation, competency building and skill enhancement.
In this regional business unit we perform specific audit and administrative activities. Our digital services are developed with a process-driven approach with corresponding training and technology. Financial statements are a core deliverable within this process, they have to be drafted, checked and reviewed against a reporting framework checklist and finally translated. Your knowledge in accounting and reporting standards will grow through this experience. New services are constantly developed in this growing area of the Assurance practice.
What is expected from you?
As an Associate at our Assurance alternative delivery center, you will be working as part of a team that helps the clients building trust, solving complex challenges, and proactively assisting in several engagements. Your job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- You will be required to possess strong project and time management skills to execute the process work flow from the beginning to its final review stage, thereby working with people of different levels of experience in the business area.
- Develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the services and learning the skills needed to execute them to a high level of quality in an efficient way.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different countries in the region on the standardised services to ensure they are being conducted in accordance with the user guide.
- Based on request requirements the candidates will provide the service against agreed deadlines and monitor the time spent which is recorded on a timesheet system daily.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world in PwC's service delivery centres.
- As an associate in the ACE team, the role includes wider practice communication responsibilities which relate to the execution of the individual work request.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Assurance Centre of Excellence. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of our services to the Middle Eastern Assurance practice. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting And Finance.
- Growing into this position or the wider Assurance practice requires applying for mandatory qualifications such as CPA and ACCA.
- Ability to learn in a culture where one takes responsibility for their personal growth and development.
- Able to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines a day while maintaining a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
- Strong interest and passion for attention to detail in a multicultural working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes MS Office: word, excel and powerpoint.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates might be required.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that help us deliver our business strategy - that make up " The PwC Professional ".
The PwC Professional framework plays a significant role in outlining the capabilities needed by our people to flourish, learn and develop together as leaders at every level. The framework exists to support the development and career progression of our people, helping them to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today's changing global marketplace.
Why you'll love working for PwC
We're a business that leads with the heart and we prioritise our people. Led by our value of care, we find ways to help our people, our clients and one another. With PwC, you will ignite a meaningful career and will be provided with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits designed to encourage your growth, like:
- A competitive remuneration plan in which you will be rewarded for your success and acknowledged for the value you provide to our company .
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. This makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients.
- A flexible workframe to encourage work-life balance.
- We care about our employees' mental health and well-being by providing specialists to offer advice, as well as meditation, yoga, and other relaxation online sessions.
- Limitless opportunities for continuous learning and digital upskilling.
- A friendly atmosphere that encourages innovative mindsets, relationships development, and assisting others in growing and working in ways that bring out their best.
- A competitive Schooling allowance and insurance packages (As per PwC policy).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.