JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Audit & Assurance | Financial Services | Senior Manager - Riyadh
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Audit at Deloitte & Touche Middle East is a key link in the financial reporting chain, putting you in the position of trusted advisor to businesses across the region. Your people skills will be required for the latter, while your analytical mind will be another integral requirement for success. You will need the flexibility to implement our international audit approach while bringing to the fore your understanding of the complexities and unique circumstances of our clients and the business landscape across our diverse region. All this while adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges, and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations, and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
In your role as a Regulatory Assurance - Senior Manager, you will participate in client proposals and oversee day-to-day operations of engagements. You'll closely work with the team to tackle new and existing regulations and their impact on a diverse client base within financial services. You will leverage your various skillsets to be an agile contributor to the practice, and you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Identify, prepare, and participate in proposals for new clients and projects.
- Be active in the marketplace and build relationships in order to grow the business.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage internal contacts across Deloitte businesses.
- Be a trusted advisor to public and private clients to assist with regulatory matters.
- Stay connected to upcoming regulations and any regulatory updates in the Middle East region.
- Depending on relevant experience, provide technical regulatory advice with respect to applicability and implementation covering a broad suite of regulations such as Conduct, Corporate Governance and Prudential regulations.
- Assist clients with the prudential regulatory reporting aspects from a capital and liquidity perspective.
- Assist clients in their readiness for compliance with regulations in the form of gap assessments and review and recommend.
- Conduct ISAE 3000 assurance with respect to compliance with key regulations.
- Working with other Deloitte service lines (such as Financial Advisory Services, Tax and Consulting) in delivering regulatory implementation workstream for multi-service line projects.
- Strengthen client relationships, liaise directly with clients to manage deliverables and deadlines, and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution, and a strategic approach to service delivery.
- Participate in strategic firm initiatives such as the development of written materials to support new service offerings, the development and delivery of training materials, and participation in firm eminence events.
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Bachelor's degree in banking, accounting, mathematics, or any related field
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in banking from a Finance or Risk function
- Experience in preparing prudential regulatory returns
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
- Good project and time management skills
- Good report writing skills and an ability to clearly document facts, issues and regulatory matters
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Experienced in identifying, preparing and participating in proposals for new client and projects
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements
- Proven experience in managing client relationships and growing the business
- Ability to manage and motivate teams with team members at all levels
- Strong on-the-job training skills and a desire to teach
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to network and build lasting relationships
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Desirable qualifications/experience: CPA, CA or ACCA, CFA, Basel III, Capital and Liquidity requirements, Market Risk, Credit Risk
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity