JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Safety Officer (Army Helicopter) Saudi Arabia
The Aviation Safety Officer (Army Rotary Wing) plans, implements, and coordinates safety and environmental programs in accordance with written regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Identify safety and environmental hazards, risks, and promote the reduction or elimination of potentially hazardous conditions that may lead to accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and safety-related financial losses.
- Coordinate all safety-related activities within the requirements of the safety program with respect to mission requirements and the U.S. Government directives to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Report and investigate aircraft, ground safety, and environmental accidents to determine the cause of the accident and formulate recommendations to help prevent similar mishaps in the future.
- Provide written reports which are clear, concise and meaningful for all ground/aviation safety and environmental matters.
- Provide technical support in all types of Safety/Environmental issues such as data gathering, training, correspondence with CONUS and OCONUS internal customers, etc.
- Develop required reports, conduct briefings, safety training, and when directed conduct quarterly safety and semiannual safety stand down meetings.
- Assist in maintaining accident and incident records, files, and reports. Requires data entry and corrections to files on an as needed basis.
- Conduct safety audits, fire extinguish inspections, and inspections of all first aid kits and other safety related equipment.
- Develop and maintain information technology work orders and confirm when work has been properly completed.
- Process Occupational Hazard Reports including investigating the hazard and ensuring mitigations are in place.
- When needed, perform duties as an active member of an aircraft accident board.
- When needed coordinate first responder duties during an onsite accident.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited College or University in an aviation related field OR equivalent related work experience. (Officer I Manager may be substituted for education requirements on a case-by-case basis).
- Graduate from a DOD Aviation Safety and Accident Investigation Course or college degree OR certificate from an accredited College or University with a major in Aviation Safety.
- Five (5) or more years' experience as an Aviation Safety Officer/Manager is strongly preferred.
- FAA Commercial Pilots License -Instrument, with at least 1,500 hours of in aircraft flight. (UH60, AH64, OH58).
- Prior U.S. Military or DOD Aviation Safety Officer experience is required.
- Previous experience in conducting aircraft accident investigations is highly desirable.
- Experience dealing with safety and environmental laws, rules, and regulations is required.
- Extensive experience in risk management and mitigation.
- Prior experience as an instructor pilot, standardization pilot, and/or instrument flight examiner is desirable.
- DOD Aviation Safety qualification and at least one former position as an Aviation Safety Officer.
- Valid US Passport Required for International travel and required Saudi Visa.
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert knowledge in the technical field of aviation safety and accident prevention and experience in use of DOD, FAA, NTSB, or
- lCAO documentation is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Environmental regulations is required.
- Knowledge of how to acquire Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and understand regulatory requirements is required.
- Very detailed and able to work independently or in groups.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and be the voice of reason in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate professional bearing and a high degree of technical competency in the field of aviation safety, mishap prevention, and accident investigation.
- Ability to be persistent in the face of difficult problems or challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language are critical with the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Able to change directions with the needs of the work environment and take-on additional responsibilities based on operational needs.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to three (3) hours per day and sit for up to five (5) hours per day.
- Must be able to routinely climb/ descend stairs.
- On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.